John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to start a thread about the awesome powertrain that the Ranger has - I just love being able to punch it and being thrown back in my seat by this truck. I did it today and brought a smile to my face. The transmission works so well with the 2.3 turbo charge engine.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I wanted to start a thread about the awesome powertrain that the Ranger has - I just love being able to punch it and being thrown back in my seat by this truck. I did it today and brought a smile to my face. The transmission works so well with the 2.3 turbo charge engine.

I agree 100% John. When we were on vacation a few weeks ago I was driving around 75 and went to pass someone slower in the left lane. It still amazes me how much power this little 2.3 has! I mean once your speeds up there it takes off like a rocket! The tranny just shifts so smooth I think Ford did a great job with this combo. :like:

After reading through the whole Livernois tune section I'm now thinking about getting one. I really want to see how much more this truck wakes up with this tune. Like I really need this. lol

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The truck certainly is not without power. She still catches me off guard when I find myself going faster than expected.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The truck does a good job of masking its speed too, almost as good as my old Subaru Baja turbo (it would cruise all day at 100mph and it felt like you were sitting in a chair in your living room)

All too easy to end up doing 80 on the highway without realizing it.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I just got my truck last week and I was shocked at how it throws you back in the seat. I had a tuned 2l Ecoboost Escape and the Ranger feel faster. The 10 speed is great too. I can't wait till I run through the dealers gas and get 93 in there

DMVRanger

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 2WD
Occupation
Server
I agree 100% John. When we were on vacation a few weeks ago I was driving around 75 and went to pass someone slower in the left lane. It still amazes me how much power this little 2.3 has! I mean once your speeds up there it takes off like a rocket! The tranny just shifts so smooth I think Ford did a great job with this combo. :like:

After reading through the whole Livernois tune section I'm now thinking about getting one. I really want to see how much more this truck wakes up with this tune. Like I really need this. lol
Ordered mine yesterday for same reason and they’re still 100$ off! Will let you know how it handles personally

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ordered mine yesterday for same reason and they’re still 100$ off! Will let you know how it handles personally
Lol...I ordered mine yesterday morning too. It shipped out and says it should be here on Monday.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I test-drove a bunch of cars and crossover SUVs before settling on the Ranger. I really didn’t want the poor fuel economy and undercarriage rust that accompany traditional body-on-frame vehicles in New England. After being unsatisfied by Honda, Toyota, and Lexus, I decided to look at an F150. I was aware of the new Ranger, but had not seen one anywhere. A two-hour test drive sealed the deal. The Ranger is a good all-around package, but the combination of the 2.3 and 10-speed automatic won me over. It’s just the right balance of fuel efficiency and power. I’ll have New Hampshire Oil Undercoating applied before winter to mitigate the salt/rust problems, and plan a somewhat aggressive maintenance schedule to keep the mechanical stuff in top condition. My youngest daughter will graduate high school in five years, and I expect to be using the Ranger to haul her stuff away to college. I’m enjoying every mile :)

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love the power from my truck, and it handles towing my Sea Ray 185 pretty well too! The transmission in "Drive" can get my attention sometimes with a weird feeling shift or bogging feeling here and there. But in "Sport" it's pretty impressive. I particularly like how when in "Sport", after accelerating, the truck will hold RPMs for a second. I assume that's just in case you wanted to get back in the power!

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
i was taking an on-ramp today preparing to merge into high speed traffic.
the merge lane is about 300 meters and I was behind soccer mom in her dodge van.
i suspected she might be hesitant to merge quickly based on her speed through the on ramp.
so my plan was to scoot by her on the right and merge ahead of her as she made her way into the live lane.
i mashed that go fast pedal and felt the turbo spool up, and consequently my acceleration started to climb. whoa, hold on tight.
but my plan fell apart. she merged ahead of me by two cars.
the little ranger is quick, but most of you are on drugs thinking its fast.
Haha, Ranger Pride got smoked by a soccer mom in a Dodge Caravan...good stuff:crackup:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i was taking an on-ramp today preparing to merge into high speed traffic.
the merge lane is about 300 meters and I was behind soccer mom in her dodge van.
i suspected she might be hesitant to merge quickly based on her speed through the on ramp.
so my plan was to scoot by her on the right and merge ahead of her as she made her way into the live lane.
i mashed that go fast pedal and felt the turbo spool up, and consequently my acceleration started to climb. whoa, hold on tight.
but my plan fell apart. she merged ahead of me by two cars.
the little ranger is quick, but most of you are on drugs thinking its fast.
The reason you got smoked by a minivan was that Canadian Horsepower is full of Canadian ponies, but they are all small....

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Using regular 87 costs you around 30-45 HP, use 91 or better for the full rated power. That's according to Livmos tuning. Never suspected this, and the truck did feel a little sluggish, then filled it with super last fill up. What a difference!!!

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
I test-drove a bunch of cars and crossover SUVs before settling on the Ranger. I really didn’t want the poor fuel economy and undercarriage rust that accompany traditional body-on-frame vehicles in New England. After being unsatisfied by Honda, Toyota, and Lexus, I decided to look at an F150. I was aware of the new Ranger, but had not seen one anywhere. A two-hour test drive sealed the deal. The Ranger is a good all-around package, but the combination of the 2.3 and 10-speed automatic won me over. It’s just the right balance of fuel efficiency and power. I’ll have New Hampshire Oil Undercoating applied before winter to mitigate the salt/rust problems, and plan a somewhat aggressive maintenance schedule to keep the mechanical stuff in top condition. My youngest daughter will graduate high school in five years, and I expect to be using the Ranger to haul her stuff away to college. I’m enjoying every mile :)
It's a great Truck. these things are baically factory sealed for the first 100k miles, then you change all the fluids in the truck. I hear the rear diff has a little stuff in it but it's got a magnetic drain plug.
Sponsored