Looks like the Ranger gets parked for a while...

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Well after trying out RoboFoot all day and putting just a tad of weight on it using 2 crutches, I opened a bottle to celebrate my return to the biped world , then my foot started hurting a bit from all the activity , so , I took my oxy and added more wine 🍷, Soon I was down to one crutch and half my weight without much pain 😢... about an hour ago ,after a short break , one more oxy and most of the wine , I decided to just go for it without the crutch 🩼 and take a few steps 🚶‍♀️ for old times sake , while it certainly wasn't pretty , it did somewhat happen, so I can walk, but DAMN !!! , it hurts 😥 ...

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
My son in law got hit on his motorcycle over ten years ago, has had multiple surgeries on his injured foot but the doctors are still debating just amputating below the knee to resolve his lack of healing and persistent pain.
EDIT: count your blessings 😇

Last edited:
OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
My son in law got hit on his motorcycle over ten years ago, has had multiple surgeries on his injured foot but the doctors are still debating just amputating below the knee to resolve his lack of healing and persistent pain.
debbie-downer.gif
family-guy-buzz-killington.gif
fun-sucker-party-pooper.gif

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Just got out of Dr.'s office , xrays say I'm healed !!! 😌 starting therapy and can drive in 6 weeks!!!
Really good news, glad to hear it. Don't skimp on the therapy.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Well after trying out RoboFoot all day and putting just a tad of weight on it using 2 crutches, I opened a bottle to celebrate my return to the biped world , then my foot started hurting a bit from all the activity , so , I took my oxy and added more wine 🍷, Soon I was down to one crutch and half my weight without much pain 😢... about an hour ago ,after a short break , one more oxy and most of the wine , I decided to just go for it without the crutch 🩼 and take a few steps 🚶‍♀️ for old times sake , while it certainly wasn't pretty , it did somewhat happen, so I can walk, but DAMN !!! , it hurts 😥 ...
Patience

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Mixing those isn't good.

When I broke my leg the oxy disoriented me and inhibited rehab. I actually had to stay in the hospital an extra day because I couldn't get up cause the pills messed with my balance even more. I stopped taking the oxy and just put up with it which meant catnaps when I could get comfortable instead of sleeping at night. Many nights spent just staring at the ceiling.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Easy does it, don't rush it. I shattered my tibia in a motorcycle accident in 2005. Rehab took awhile. Also I had plenty of left over oxy's.

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Mixing those isn't good.

When I broke my leg the oxy disoriented me and inhibited rehab. I actually had to stay in the hospital an extra day because I couldn't get up cause the pills messed with my balance even more. I stopped taking the oxy and just put up with it which meant catnaps when I could get comfortable instead of sleeping at night. Many nights spent just staring at the ceiling.
I'm good 👍, lots and lots of practice ...

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Damn it ! 😪 Setback ! NOT FAIR !!!
As my foot has been improving , my knee has been going downhill and swelling to the point I had to go to Dr.,
Xrays didn't really show anything other than arthritis, she drained 5 gallons of blood from my knee by jamming the comically oversized Gilligan's Island DIY needle all the way into the bone , pretty sure I passed out a little... MRI if it doesn't get better...

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Damn it ! 😪 Setback ! NOT FAIR !!!
As my foot has been improving , my knee has been going downhill and swelling to the point I had to go to Dr.,
Xrays didn't really show anything other than arthritis, she drained 5 gallons of blood from my knee by jamming the comically oversized Gilligan's Island DIY needle all the way into the bone , pretty sure I passed out a little... MRI if it doesn't get better...
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 12.40.00.png

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Oh my friend I know exactly how you feel. I had an accident and tore my quad tendon, over the Christmas weekend, I'm sitting here in a straight leg brace awaiting a consult with the orthopod to see if surgical repair is going to be necessary if so, looking at weeks to months off work, either way, wondering if it's going to be worth going back. I was going to work for another year or two. Fortunately I have a lot of sick leave piled up. And, my Ranger also got parked dirty and I can't drive or clean it.
Well I needed surgery and had a full repair on the 3rd of Jan and went into a hinged brace. I'll be carrying a few metres of polypropylene cord around with me until the day they plant me. Three weeks ago I came out of the brace and I'm now walking unaided but still need a stick or crutch for uneven ground or stairs. Seeing the physio once a week to help regain my range of motion in my knee which is coming along, but slower than I would like. Everything has been shortened and tightened up, and has to re-stretch. The surgeon has threatened to do something nasty to me if I don't reach 90 Deg by the end of this month. That did help me achieve 40 deg in a bit over a fortnight. But now I know why every source I could find said save up your strong meds you get post op because you'll need them for rehab. I'm hoping to return to work by the end of the month to clear up some backlogs, but then we go on leave for a few weeks and I HAVE to fit in a plane seat by then. (was booked a year ago)
Sponsored