Looking for specs on the front differential

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
I haven't found anything concrete on the front differential.
I'd like, at some point in the future, to put a locker in there. Since my rear has a factory electronic locker, I'm thinking of going with an e-locker on the front.
I found this information on the ARB site:
https://arbusa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/FordRanger.pdf
and while it has info on available ARB air-lockers, I haven't been able to find an appropriate e-locker for the front, and I'm betting someone on this forum has the info.
Looking to do this project probably next year.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
OP
OP
Mike in UT

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
Harrop makes an e-locker for the front of the "new" ranger from what I understand. It's 1200$ before you try to find someone to install it, and it's unclear if there are installation kits available from Ford without buying an entire carrier assembly.

Sorry, it's $1700+ (might be aussie $ but you still have to get it here.)
https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/products/driveline/elocker/elocker-ford-ranger-px-3-raptor-front
Thanks. I've looked on that site and downloaded the manuals and here's some relevant information:
Locker Info Australian Ford Ranger Front.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike in UT

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So the question I've got is, what are the specifications of the front axle and differential housing?
I THINK it's a Dana 30 axle on a Spicer 200 diff housing (I know Dana and Spicer are the same company) but I haven't seen anything to confirm this completely?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
So the question I've got is, what are the specifications of the front axle and differential housing?
I THINK it's a Dana 30 axle on a Spicer 200 diff housing (I know Dana and Spicer are the same company) but I haven't seen anything to confirm this completely?
I've heard it called the "Ford Clamshell IFS" and I think it's actually a Spicer M180 (As in the metric Dana 30-35. Might help you find some information.

OP
OP
Mike in UT

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've heard it called the "Ford Clamshell IFS" and I think it's actually a Spicer M180 (As in the metric Dana 30-35. Might help you find some information.
Thanks! 189mm would be 7.0866 inches. The m200 would be 7.874 inches.
The search continues.
Sponsored