First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Took a photo of saw, in full length 80 cm, but not height and width. ?‍♀ It’s not going to be on truck all the time, just have to put it somewhere safe when it’s needed.

I’m related to several locations and only one with truck. Just need to storage usual truck stuff plus some tools everyone probably has. Somehow she has a lot of stuff, but I really like the swing boxes.
I guess no problem with cold temperatures also with swing boxes?
380516DF-2B90-45BD-A79D-A89D3C7E796D.jpeg
They don't provide insulation. I deal with heat vs cold in Texas. Nothing has been ruined in the box because of the heat but tools are not cold when I take them out.

I'll measure the box when I get home. I have the truck with me but didn't throw a measuring tape in it before I left for a few hours.
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Hi,

In need of better solution I’m looking for ideas about truck bed storage boxes, what kind of and how placed. Need to be removable. Size should fit a chainsaw.
I’m not going to drill any holes into my truck but can customize the box if needed.
Thanks!
4FEEF408-BC59-4D48-9EC0-CEE073EE580E.jpeg
Get 2 swingouts...easy to install...a couple of minutes...Take the chain guard off....and it will fit....I think...lol

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Ordering swing out box from Amazon means almost same money as per box additionally to shipping and import fees deposit.

At the moment gave up on chain saw. There are bags for them available as plan B.

Got this toolbox at least. If I could find the same box but longer, I would replace. Height and depth are perfect. Sits at its place tight and if I need something, just need to loose the strap from left.
I still want a swing out =D

18E4DAB2-397C-4BF0-B810-04C8AD7EDCB6.jpeg

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Sounds like you need an Action Packer. I have used one to haul chainsaws to and from Kansas (from Illinois) for a decade. Seals pretty tight, and you aren't going to hurt it if it slides around or falls out.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Took a photo of saw, in full length 80 cm, but not height and width. ?‍♀ It’s not going to be on truck all the time, just have to put it somewhere safe when it’s needed.

I’m related to several locations and only one with truck. Just need to storage usual truck stuff plus some tools everyone probably has. Somehow she has a lot of stuff, but I really like the swing boxes.
I guess no problem with cold temperatures also with swing boxes?
380516DF-2B90-45BD-A79D-A89D3C7E796D.jpeg
Use chainsaw bag..

https://www.stihl.com/STIHL-power-t...bbards-and-bags/21092-63691/Chainsaw-bag.aspx

.. or chainsaw case.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/chainsaw-parts-and-accessories/powerbox-chainsaw-carrying-case/

If you use the box, screw a D-ring on the box for strap to hold it in place.

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold