Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Hi,

In need of better solution I’m looking for ideas about truck bed storage boxes, what kind of and how placed. Need to be removable. Size should fit a chainsaw.
I’m not going to drill any holes into my truck but can customize the box if needed.
Thanks!
4FEEF408-BC59-4D48-9EC0-CEE073EE580E.jpeg
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Any luck on searching facebook/craigslist for items like storage chests/boxes?
I found storage totes with wheels just happen to fit between the ribs of plastic bed liners.

Naturally they roll back and forth during driving unless you tie them down of course.

Edit: Oh you're not in the states. Ignore the craigslist suggestion.

Last edited:

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I have a swing out tool box mounted on the passenger side rear. I have had my small chain saw in it. Currently holds small air compressor, shovel, flare kit, gloves, flashlight and some tools, tow rope, ratchet straps, etc. Basically its my Road safety kit. No holes to drill as it mounts to the existing holes in the box and latches securely in the box side. The lid id lockable, and you can lock the box so that it can't be swung out of the locked position as well. Does everything I need it to and doesn't take up too much room. Added bonus = it fits under any box cover you may install.

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@RedDakooter05
Hmm, didn’t think about boxes with wheels as also an option.
I’ve been checking local stores and web for a while but nothing interesting caught my eye or I just haven’t found it yet.

@Canadian Ranger
Saddle boxes are too big, went through them also.

@Adventure Ranger
I like the swing box at the side. Seems pretty popular. But I don’t think it can fit my McCulloch. Still I consider swing box as additional one. Thanks for useful info!

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I really like these sealed Husky’s. Started with a small one about two years ago for my 3D printer material, and then bought this taller one for my new baby. I use a cable lock through the lid then the rings under the Tuonau cover and loop it through the front hook.
I took it out this morning because need to pick up a used “Big Climber” for the grandson.

8C85AD62-4655-41C7-B77E-3BA096AB297B.jpeg

4C6DED94-26AB-494F-BCD6-434332E7BEA0.jpeg

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I have a swing out tool box mounted on the passenger side rear. I have had my small chain saw in it. Currently holds small air compressor, shovel, flare kit, gloves, flashlight and some tools, tow rope, ratchet straps, etc. Basically its my Road safety kit. No holes to drill as it mounts to the existing holes in the box and latches securely in the box side. The lid id lockable, and you can lock the box so that it can't be swung out of the locked position as well. Does everything I need it to and doesn't take up too much room. Added bonus = it fits under any box cover you may install.
I have both the driver and passenger swing boxes. They are great and low profile if you want to haul anything else. However, I don't think they will fit anything but a small chainsaw.

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
I have both the driver and passenger swing boxes. They are great and low profile if you want to haul anything else. However, I don't think they will fit anything but a small chainsaw.
Do the swing boxes allow you to still use the corner tie down point?

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Do the swing boxes allow you to still use the corner tie down point?
Not when the swing boxes are in place. If you remove them, then yes.

However, there is a hole on the swing box mounting bracket that can be used for an anchor point. See below.

PXL_20220923_232422209.jpg
PXL_20220923_232430339.jpg

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Not when the swing boxes are in place. If you remove them, then yes.

However, there is a hole on the swing box mounting bracket that can be used for an anchor point. See below.

PXL_20220923_232422209.jpg
PXL_20220923_232430339.jpg
Ok thanks for the photos! What does it interfere with the middle tie down point if you were to move the tie down to that spot?

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Middle tie down is usable. I'll get pics later.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
@Adventure Ranger
I like the swing box at the side. Seems pretty popular. But I don’t think it can fit my McCulloch. Still I consider swing box as additional one. Thanks for useful info!
I love my swing case. Get some measurements of your saw and I'll see if they fit inside for ya. I just have the one on the passenger side, but dual welding swing cases would be awesome if you do real truck stuff. Mine doesn't 90% of the time.

Stupid easy to remove I'd you need the entire bed.

Also very water proof. Tested via car washes and monsoon like rains. Nothing gets in.

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love my swing case. Get some measurements of your saw and I'll see if they fit inside for ya. I just have the one on the passenger side, but dual welding swing cases would be awesome if you do real truck stuff. Mine doesn't 90% of the time.

Stupid easy to remove I'd you need the entire bed.

Also very water proof. Tested via car washes and monsoon like rains. Nothing gets in.
Took a photo of saw, in full length 80 cm, but not height and width. ?‍♀ It’s not going to be on truck all the time, just have to put it somewhere safe when it’s needed.

I’m related to several locations and only one with truck. Just need to storage usual truck stuff plus some tools everyone probably has. Somehow she has a lot of stuff, but I really like the swing boxes.
I guess no problem with cold temperatures also with swing boxes?
380516DF-2B90-45BD-A79D-A89D3C7E796D.jpeg
Sponsored