Look at that damage... any idea how much it will cost? ?

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
It’s painful. Had the same thing happen; taillight and rear bumper. $3.5k. Most of it the safety-enhanced light.

If I had a do over - I would have gone to an after market bumper. I regret not changing over to an ARB rear bumper at the time. Cheaper and stronger.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
It’s painful. Had the same thing happen; taillight and rear bumper. $3.5k. Most of it the safety-enhanced light.

If I had a do over - I would have gone to an after market bumper. I regret not changing over to an ARB rear bumper at the time. Cheaper and stronger.
This one?
ARB SUMMIT REAR BUMPER

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Welcome to the club.

Wife was parked when she was swiped by a woman who made too wide a turn to get into a parking space at Walmart. She accepted responsibility verbally but then lied to her insurance saying my wife backed into her. If you saw the damage to her car-dents and scratches along the side of her car-it was clear what happened. My insurance has marked it as her fault but with no police report or witness it is a she said/she said so my insurance will apply.

The accident happened in Canada on our way to Alaska so it is not worth the hassle to pursue.

The estimate is $2400 and my deductible is $1K so I am probably going to replace the taillight with a used BLISS one and work on the scratches myself.

tempImageTA0nbc.png

tempImagepFzs8L.png

tempImageALspcl.png
THAT is why I have a dashcam that records front, cabin and rear.

Elmosaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger (SCrew Lariat Tremor)
Allegedly they were never triggered!
I have noticed if you are moving towards an object fast enough, some times the sensor doesn't start alarming right away.

I've fooled my system into panicking more than a few times, it throws the alarm when I'm already decelerating and coming to a stop. (but there was definitely a delay)

So if someone is basically not paying attention to the object visually by mirror, or depends too much on the alarm, and basically guns the gas pedal in reverse, yeah, I can absolutely see someone driving right into an object... ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Welcome to the club.

Wife was parked when she was swiped by a woman who made too wide a turn to get into a parking space at Walmart. She accepted responsibility verbally but then lied to her insurance saying my wife backed into her. If you saw the damage to her car-dents and scratches along the side of her car-it was clear what happened. My insurance has marked it as her fault but with no police report or witness it is a she said/she said so my insurance will apply.

The accident happened in Canada on our way to Alaska so it is not worth the hassle to pursue.

The estimate is $2400 and my deductible is $1K so I am probably going to replace the taillight with a used BLISS one and work on the scratches myself.

tempImageTA0nbc.png

tempImagepFzs8L.png

tempImageALspcl.png
a lot of that may be cured with a good polishing compound and wax. shame on the tail light they are so expensive.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
truth

its not armed until you're below a certain speed.

1659146059782.png

in the OP's case, his friend was likely zooming towards mother earth like an asteroid on a direct hit with terra firma.
I didn’t know that, chalk one up to you learn something every day.

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
DIY cost...Cost of a bandaid and a taillight
Insured? Cost of loss of accident forgiveness and deductible...
The GF pay for it: how much is relationship worth

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'm away from home and lent my truck to a person I trust... who obviously doesn't know how to effing drive...
Allegedly they "backed into the mountain that appeared further than it really was" while going hiking.

I've gone off-road plenty times and nothing ever happened. Over a year old and my truck still looked brand new till now.
My poor Tremor ?

Any idea how much it will cost?
What are my options?

Truck Damage (forum).jpg

EDIT: and thank you all for the much needed comic relief...
She needs to pay for that or get her insurance to you should not be paying a cent if she bitches at you take her to small claims court crap like this is why I don't let anyone drive my truck lol

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Today, Tender Lips shared further incriminating evidence of retardness - see below.

I'm going to share the link to this thread with her so she can see how many other Ranger owners are heartbroken by proxy... and why access to the truck will be restricted to basic and "safe" trips from now on.

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg
how the hell did she manage that, you need to keep your truck away from her and she needs to get her license taken away. Don't restrict access remove it lol boy if my girlfriend did this shed be out several thousand dollars and out of the relationship. You are a much kinder and more patient man than I

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Those Ranger tail lamp units are insanely expensive. Sadly , I feel there is about a 500% markup to milk insurance companies.

My auto insurance just went up by about 10%. Excuse? I opened up one too many credit card accounts within the last 6 months, despite having excellent credit- driving record, etc. :(
Sponsored