Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Shadow Black 4X4
Occupation
Retired US Navy
Vehicle Showcase
My 19 ranger next to another forum members 19 ranger (robby887)! Both with his 3” level kit and pod light bracket!

7B7B4B97-BECD-4857-92F6-65C4D1445FE0.jpeg

FBDFDD8B-B70F-4BBD-B539-C5EDD6F17391.jpeg

1B5FCE82-6AE9-4A88-87DF-6770282D284B.jpeg
That lift and wheels look great. What size tires?

Reactions: Doc

Rich Elliott

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Shadow Black 4X4
Occupation
Retired US Navy
Vehicle Showcase
So driving to Champaign and being retired and in no particular hurry I decided to take US 45 instead of I57. Just north of Mattoon I see a RP Lumber truck along side the road with a shifted load and I drive on by. But the driver was a young kid and looking very bewildered so my conscience and God would not let me keep going so I turn around and go back. Long story short, a Mattoon Fireman shows up driving an older Ranger and helps us secure the load. The truck driver was profusely thankful and we told him just pay it forward. Highway was a little busy so not the greatest pic.
rangerandrangerIMG_20190521_114617471_HDR.jpg
Great story. Thanks for helping the young man.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
All we parked next to was Going To The Sun road in Glacier National Park, Montana.

It was difficult to get pics parked next to the near vertical drop-offs or canyon walls, so the second pic will have to suffice from the Red Bus tour.

DSC00126.JPG

DSC00167.JPG

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All we parked next to was Going To The Sun road in Glacier National Park, Montana.

It was difficult to get pics parked next to the near vertical drop-offs or canyon walls, so the second pic will have to suffice from the Red Bus tour.

DSC00126.JPG

DSC00167.JPG
Hi,

Yep..our most favorite National Park...Been there 6 times already. Hike to Iceburg Lake...Grizzle Bear encounter on the trail...only 3 ft apart from us and Momma and Yearling...thought we were goners. Momma headed for a log to turn over and eat grubs...yearling followed...Shaking in our boots ...we slowly moved beyond her and slowly headed back down the trail. Ran into a Park Ranger who said they were going to close the trail for a couple days until the sow and yearling left the area...Whew!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Hi,

Yep..our most favorite National Park...Been there 6 times already. Hike to Iceburg Lake...Grizzle Bear encounter on the trail...only 3 ft apart from us and Momma and Yearling...thought we were goners. Momma headed for a log to turn over and eat grubs...yearling followed...Shaking in our boots ...we slowly moved beyond her and slowly headed back down the trail. Ran into a Park Ranger who said they were going to close the trail for a couple days until the sow and yearling left the area...Whew!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Great story, Phil! Those bears...... Hidden Lake trail had the second half closed due to a grizzly bear catching and eviscerating a goat on the path.

All we dealt with first hand was a mother goat wanting to punt people off the path on the upper Grenel lake and glacier trail. Approximately 5 miles into the hike she was walking down with her yearlings. On our way down, they were coming back up.... Turned out to be the correct decision to heavily yield the right of way and let them pass rather than another confrontation.

DSC00034 (1).JPG

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great story, Phil! Those bears...... Hidden Lake trail had the second half closed due to a grizzly bear catching and eviscerating a goat on the path.

All we dealt with first hand was a mother goat wanting to punt people off the path on the upper Grenel lake and glacier trail. Approximately 5 miles into the hike she was walking down with her yearlings. On our way down, they were coming back up.... Turned out to be the correct decision to heavily yield the right of way and let them pass rather than another confrontation.

DSC00034 (1).JPG
Hi,

Yes, we have had several encounters with Mountain goats on the Highline Trail and dealt with fiesty ground squirrels while having a rest on the trail...sneaky little devils...

Having lunch at Hidden Lake when a Mountain Goat wandered between us, pushing Margie out of the way slightly to stand on the rock where we were sitting just to stand there and peer out over the lake...we just sat quietly so as not provoke him. Glacier is so Cool!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
I've never heard of this place
See, I told you! : )

It's an absolutely unique environment of lush forests and fast moving streams fed by snow-melt, a Bristlecone Pine grove with 4000+ y.o. trees, a glacier, a 13,000 ft peak and several 11K peaks to climb. I've been there 4 times and love it more each time. It's on the border of Nevada and Utah near Ely, NV.

Reactions: Doc