port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
My baby next to "stuff"

garage2.jpg

garage3.jpg

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
when you google it for pics, because you have to assume that this has happened to Fords as well, you become pleasantly proven wrong and the vast majority of ball joint failures are attached to Toyota products...who woulda known???
When a joint dries out , snap just like humans . Of course no more grease fittings these days .

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
They sure do look painful when they fail. Nothing like going down the expressway and seeing one happen. Roads here in Michigan are so bad, it's a common sight.

Last edited:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I retired in 2009 and we had about 40 or so Dakotas , many of which were on their second or third set of ball joints. They design of them didnt seem right to me as they were very small , about the size of most tie rod ends. I saw a Durango on the Delaware Memorial bridge with a whole lot of negative camber so I stayed back a bit. Quarter mile later on the down side of the bridge and it let go, not pretty and lucky nobody was hurt. It became so common at work to bring them in every 6 months just to check ball joints, as we only did complete services yearly on light duty cars, pick ups and vans. Bret

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I retired in 2009 and we had about 40 or so Dakotas , many of which were on their second or third set of ball joints. They design of them didnt seem right to me as they were very small , about the size of most tie rod ends. I saw a Durango on the Delaware Memorial bridge with a whole lot of negative camber so I stayed back a bit. Quarter mile later on the down side of the bridge and it let go, not pretty and lucky nobody was hurt. It became so common at work to bring them in every 6 months just to check ball joints, as we only did complete services yearly on light duty cars, pick ups and vans. Bret
Yep, that camber is the dead giveaway and causes me to go wide left and around. I still have a couple of new ball joints, in the box, for a vehicle that died years ago and is long gone.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Took this picture the morning after I got my truck. Thought there might be a member or two who would recognize the location. :)

1609710341677.png

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Took this picture the morning after I got my truck. Thought there might be a member or two who would recognize the location. :)

1609710341677.png
Hi Paul,

Worked on 2nd floor of PDC for about 10 years after we moved out of Bldg #1.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Hi Paul,

Worked on 2nd floor of PDC for about 10 years after we moved out of Bldg #1.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I had a feeling you'd recognize it Phil. I'm still working there. There were some great car shows on that lawn!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had a feeling you'd recognize it Phil. I'm still working there. There were some great car shows on that lawn!
Hi Paul,

We started this in Bldg 1 with Truck Employee Motorsports day. Then it evolved to Truck employee car show day...I headed this up until HR got involved and it became Employee Car Sho day.... It was way cool to see this happen. When we first moved to PDC, it was a hoot as we brought in the Race Teams that they headed to Bldg #1 and found out they were in the wrong place. Great times...We had the drivers at tables with posters to autograph and afterwards there were so many desks etc with these signed posters.

rough_riders_porch_large_medium.JPG

Here is one of the teams shot....What a gathering. My teams, and we kicked butt in the desert racing.

Roughriderteams.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired