BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
i dunno where that came from....

you're the one who said "I'm sorry I don't trust or believe 90% of "the news". "

you're mom teach you to deflect the facts as well?
You are easily baited but I'm bored with you now so I'm done playing.

I wish you best of times with your Ford Ranger.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Deleted member 1634

I have a feeling I'm in the same boat. Even though I ordered my Leer 100XR over 5 weeks ago, well before the country started collapsing from this, and I feel like mine would come from the Indiana plant. But unlike you, I've heard jack squat from my dealer on anything. So I have no idea what's going on with mine. I can only speculate.
So I called my topper dealer on Friday, since it had been 6 weeks at that point (quoted 3-5 weeks), to see what the hold up was. Apparently my topper was delivered, but was incorrect. Not sure in what way it was incorrect, but they had to reject delivery of it because of it. He did say they were expediting a new one for me, but who knows if expedite actually has the same meaning to them or not. But the Leer manufacturing plant in Indiana is still working, as of this writing, which is where mine is being made, and the dealer will still be open since they are apparently deemed an "essential service". So I guess I just need to restart my waiting clock, but at least I know it's still coming.

OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I called my topper dealer on Friday, since it had been 6 weeks at that point (quoted 3-5 weeks), to see what the hold up was. Apparently my topper was delivered, but was incorrect. Not sure in what way it was incorrect, but they had to reject delivery of it because of it. He did say they were expediting a new one for me, but who knows if expedite actually has the same meaning to them or not. But the Leer manufacturing plant in Indiana is still working, as of this writing, which is where mine is being made, and the dealer will still be open since they are apparently deemed an "essential service". So I guess I just need to restart my waiting clock, but at least I know it's still coming.
Leer Ca is still closed as far as I know which is ok but it still sucks that my shell was completed the week before the 2 week lockdown but didn't make it on a truck headed south.
I had 12v wiring projects and other things I wanted to be doing with the carpet kit which is also been done for a week but cant be loaded onto a truck yet.
Reminds me of my years in the Army, "Hurry up and wait!"

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Good luck with getting straight answers Leer, they have the worst customer service ever.

The issues with COVID on hard surfaces is not how long the virus "lives" it's how long it remains infectious. There are vaccines like polio that actually use live viruses but they don't make people sick.

OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck with getting straight answers Leer, they have the worst customer service ever.

The issues with COVID on hard surfaces is not how long the virus "lives" it's how long it remains infectious. There are vaccines like polio that actually use live viruses but they don't make people sick.
This has nothing to do with Leer, it is a mandated closure by the State of California due to covid-19 and Leer has been transparent with the situation keeping me informed on status.
No one who works at the Leer factory west of Sacramento or my local San Diego Leer Truck Center has tested positive which is great but they cannot open up until next week or later because they are a non-essential business.
Leer dealers are franchises so if you got crappy service it may be your dealer/distributor not actually Leer Corporate.

OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEW UPDATE:
Just got a call from my local Leer Truck Center and the semi just unloaded my shell and carpet kit.
They are only doing one vehicle/customer at a time and I got the 9am-12pm slot tomorrow morning!
Will post after install photos tomorrow afternoon ?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Who quoted 17 days? and what were their sources? Was the data vetted?
I never buy in on "someone reported" unless the information is backed by facts otherwise known as "The Truth"
That would be, uhhh *checks notes*, the CDC, and more specifically, Takuya Yamagishi, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, personal communication, 2020:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e3.htm?s_cid=mm6912e3_w

Sources are pretty easy to verify especially when they're linked in the article publishing about them. ¯\_㋡_/¯

OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gee that was super duper helpful, my life is now complete ?
I appreciate you sending me down the path of truth and enlightenment ?
I wish you light years of peace, love and happiness ??❤?

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
This has nothing to do with Leer, it is a mandated closure by the State of California due to covid-19 and Leer has been transparent with the situation keeping me informed on status.
No one who works at the Leer factory west of Sacramento or my local San Diego Leer Truck Center has tested positive which is great but they cannot open up until next week or later because they are a non-essential business.
Leer dealers are franchises so if you got crappy service it may be your dealer/distributor not actually Leer Corporate.

Nope, my local dealer was great but Leer corp wouldn't even answer his questions -

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...r-will-start-making-the-100xr-for-6-bed.4170/

OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
It was found to be present after 17 days but they were not sure it was still active enough to infect humans.

Deleted member 1634

Nope, my local dealer was great but Leer corp wouldn't even answer his questions -

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...r-will-start-making-the-100xr-for-6-bed.4170/
I wonder if west and east operate as separate business units with different management because that's the opposite of my experience so far.
My 100R is getting installed tomorrow morning so phase two (use) starts and we'll see how it goes.
I'm not sure who is to blame for the lack of communication I've been dealing with. Seems like either Leer isn't communicating with the dealer properly or my dealer is just that incompetent. Hopefully mine comes soon and I can just not have to deal with them anymore.

OP
OP
BeachRanger19

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well got a call from my dealer Tuesday afternoon who let me know Leer had come up with a full semi load for SoCal and my shell just arrived. They are only doing one customer at a time and gave me the Wednesday morning 9am-11:30 spot time.
Both shell and carpet kit installed and I couldn't be happier.
Love the way this looks.
20200404_132159~3.jpg
Sponsored