Pls anybody knows when Leer will start making the 100XR for 6' bed?

tothemax

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Pls anybody knows when Leer will start making the 100XR for the 6' bed 2019 Ranger model?

They are apparently taking "pre-orders" now but no real set time when they will start production... 2 week.. 2 months... 2 years .. .who knows ???

Seems the only option for a more modern looking topper for the 6' bed with a frame-less glass rear door now is the ARE Z. However, according to a few I have contacted, they may not honor their warranty all the time and there are multiple horror stories for their after sale service. I was told they require shipping the topper back to OH or wherever they are made for any service or warranty issues and takes much longer to get it back.

Was told Leers are made in Woodland CA which is only 60 minutes from where I live so not only is it only 3 weeks Vs 7 weeks delivery but much easier to get warranty service in case of problems. that is 3 weeks after they actually start making them.

Anyways, would really like the Leer 100XR if at all possible but it's not clear how long will take before they start production

Any insight, differing information or advice welcome
Sponsored

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Im not sure how a customer would know more than the dealer

OP
OP
tothemax

tothemax

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im not sure how a customer would know more than the dealer
Not sure what your statement meant, but here are some clarification to my question

Two different Leer dealers told me that I can "pre-order" the 100XR (i.e. sign the order paperwork and give a deposit) but they have no ides when Leer will actually start making them or when my delivery date would be. Both said should be "soon".. but no could confirm. Again this is for the 6" bed only.

I asking here to see if anybody has more info on it. tnx

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Pls anybody knows when Leer will start making the 100XR for the 6' bed 2019 Ranger model?
It is quite simple - ask your LEER dealer to call LEER Mfg. and ask them. LEER is very loyal to their dealers. ;)

Last edited:

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Anybody get a solid answer to this yet? I was told "a few months".

I like these better than the ARE, at least you can get the keyless entry. With ARE you have to get the much more expensive Z series.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I like these better than the ARE, at least you can get the keyless entry. With ARE you have to get the much more expensive Z series.
Were you told by leer a few months?

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you told by leer a few months?
No my local dealer. Sent an email to Leer yesterday so far no response. Seems pretty stupid they only make thr R and their main competition has a full lineup for the 6 ft.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No my local dealer. Sent an email to Leer yesterday so far no response. Seems pretty stupid they only make thr R and their main competition has a full lineup for the 6 ft.
Just gotta be patient and they will come out. Imagine being from Hawaii, even if the camper I want is out ide have to wait months for it to ship in

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local dealers aren’t gonna jerk you around, they wanna make $ also

OP
OP
tothemax

tothemax

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This week I have contacted my local dealer again and a couple other dealers to get an update. Leer conveniently do not talk to customers directly so the only way to attempt to get an update is through dealers. So far no dealer has been able to provide any usable information other than "you can put in a pre-order. They are working on a mold for the 6' bed. They are not providing any dates to us but if you order now and give your $800 deposit you will be at the front of the line when they start making them". I think it's extremely poor customer service or manufacturing planning that Leer has no idea when they will start producing the 100XR for 6' beds. Not many organized and customer focused manufacturing companies I know have no clue when they will start making a new model? This is not the first time they have had to produce a new shell design to fit a new truck model!

This unwillingness to communicate an actual date makes me believe that they either 1- have zero idea when they will start producing the 100XR for 6' bed trucks or 2- do not value their customers enough to transparently and honestly communicate when they will start actually making 6' shells. Either way, I am not impressed with how they run their business or how they value their customers. Having this information would allow me to make a decision to either 1- wait for the Leer 100XR or 2- bite the bullet and order the ARE Z or 3- keep waiting and looking for other options.

If I want a key-less entry for my 6' bed seems like the only option now is the ARE Z for $3K+. If I am willing to go for an older design model the ARE CX appears to be another option but offer no keyless entry option. Very frustrating!

Does anybody know of other viable options for a more modern design with keyless entry for the 6 ' bed?

Or anybody has more reliable information on an actual Leer 100XR production date for the 6' bed?

tnx

It is quite simple - ask your LEER dealer to call LEER Mfg. and ask them. LEER is very loyal to their dealers. ;)
Evidently not enough to tell them the truth as to when they will actually start producing :(:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to demand my local dealer directly contact Leer for more specifics or else I'm going to buy the ARE CX (which they don't carry) and hope someday they come out with a keyless entry. Trying to retrofit one to a 100R would be tough as they have dual handles so that makes Leer a no go at this point. It's just a stupid lock that doesn't require anything fancy so ARE is screwing us too.

The info my Leer dealer gave, which is the same as tothemax, was right off his computer screen. I would suggest everyone else in this same predicament make some noise with their local dealer and and social media as that will get Leers attention. Send them an email too, I still haven't received a response but they surely have read it. I also mention the choice was between the 100XR and the ARE CX.

OP
OP
tothemax

tothemax

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to demand my local dealer directly contact Leer for more specifics or else I'm going to buy the ARE CX (which they don't carry) and hope someday they come out with a keyless entry. Trying to retrofit one to a 100R would be tough as they have dual handles so that makes Leer a no go at this point. It's just a stupid lock that doesn't require anything fancy so ARE is screwing us too.

The info my Leer dealer gave, which is the same as tothemax, was right off his computer screen. I would suggest everyone else in this same predicament make some noise with their local dealer and and social media as that will get Leers attention. Send them an email too, I still haven't received a response but they surely have read it. I also mention the choice was between the 100XR and the ARE CX.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: UNITE & OVERCOME :)

Another potential option I just found out about from different dealer is the ARE CX Revo which apparently offers the keyless entry ... However I am still trying to get a firm commitment on a delivery date.. also the price is in the $3,200 range

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's $1000 more than the XR, not worth it to me just for the e-lock. Keep working it. I'm stopping by the Leer dealer on Monday :mad:

OP
OP
tothemax

tothemax

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that ARE may be price gauging at the moment because they are the only model currently on market for the 6' ranger with the more modern design... full door rear door and keykless entry...etc. I would be interested to compare the price of the 5' best with those corrently quoted for the 6' bed. Here is what one dealer is quoting me at the moment.

CX Evolve w/ vented windoors driver + pass side, keyless all glass rear door, folding front slider, rack tracks: $3179.89 out the door

CX REVO w/ sliding side windows + screen, keyless all glass rear door, folding front slider, rack tracks: $3399.56 out the door

ZS2 Series w/ sliding side windows, keyless rear door, folding front slider, rack tracks: $3310.39 out the door

These price are almost $1000 more than what I paid for my F150 topper a few years ago.

I bet prices drop $500 all around when Leer comes out with their 100XR 6' version & Snugtop comes out with a competing product as well.

Last edited:

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I watched my local Leer dealer send an email to Leer 2 days ago asking about the 100XR and no response. I also found out they have 3 manufacturing locations, CA, IN and PA that service specific areas, each with their own molds. So that brings up an interesting question, will each location start production at the same time, or will they phase it in? I also wonder if Leer is looking at pre-orders to determine when to start. Since the Ranger is new and the 6’ bed uncommon I think they are waiting for demand before they start anything, even though they know demand will be there someday.

This company sucks and they get away with it because there’s little competition, and based on their business and customer service practices they can sell a bit cheaper than ARE. I’m going to try and contact Leer on FB to see if I can get a response. I have not been able to find a phone number anywhere. Scares me to think what would happen if there’s ever a warranty issue that my dealer can’t resolve. Lots of online complaints about just that.

I’m going to seriously look at a CX Evolve which has a keyless entry option. I don’t care if it’s more than the Leer I’m getting tired of the BS.
Sponsored