First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
USAF
I looked and could not find any sort of write up for this. I was wondering if anyone had tried buying a cheap pair of broken tab lariat led headlights and then just pulling off the stock halogen rear casing and swapping to the back of the lariats leds. If the rear casing is the same you’d be able to upgrade to a pair of led headlights at less than half the cost of new. Anyone know if there are differences between the two that would prevent this? From these pictures I don’t see a real difference.

3AD94F06-565B-441B-98E5-ABBDF2E44AD9.png

F65E7B1F-1203-417C-95E7-B818C177709A.png
Sponsored

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
If they are permasealed it’s probably not worth the effort to split them as you have to bake them to get them opened.

OP
OP
Antfitts

Antfitts

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
USAF
If they are permasealed it’s probably not worth the effort to split them as you have to bake them to get them opened.
I’m pretty positive they are but I have baked f150 headlights before to pull apart and change the color from chrome to matte black before and then reseal with proper sealant and never had a problem. Fit back together and wasn’t to difficult. However baking some lariat headlights with leds and electronics may possibly be a problem. Never baked leds before. Looking at the back of the headlights the only difference I see is the bulb caps on the halogens vs the leds. Might just have to risk it for the biscuit and see if it’s a worthy project.
Sponsored