Journalists Hook RV Up to $93K Electric Truck, Found It Wouldn't Even Make 100 Miles Before Needing a Recharge

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
That'll boost sales, won't it?
;)

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Agree , Ranger was half that and that's still all in for me... 50 would be tops and I'd really have to love it...
My ranger and my wife's car a little over 50K together. Crazy prices anymore.

OP
OP
Trigganometry

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My ranger and my wife's car a little over 50K together. Crazy prices anymore.
I could buy an F150 and a Ranger and still have mod money leftover for that price!

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
The Fast Lane did a test awhile back. A GMC gas truck vs. a Lightning with identical trailers. The lighting ran out of juice at 86 miles and the gas truck could make it 210 on one tank. The test was done in warm weather. Temps below freezing can cut an EV's range in half.
The lightning's cool but not good for towing anything out of town.

https://tfltruck.com/2022/06/video-...ing-go-towing-the-same-camper-on-one-fill-up/

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Now Rick, virtue signaling is much more important than the amount of miles an EV will go. And of course in true Government style they must get the cart before the horse.

This is episode 4 of The Fast Lanes test from Colorado to Prudho Bay, AK. in the Lightning. It basically shows that EV's, and the Lightning is not ready for prime time. One day maybe, but certainly not now.

Last edited:

Midnightmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT
We've done well over 3500 miles with our travel trailer in tow in the last 2 months. This includes PA to Florida, back to Upstate NY, and now back to PA. Not one single location that I fueled along the way could accomodate an EV with a traler on. A couple of rest areas had Tesla chargers. But, I've yet to find a place like a Flying J, Pilot, or Loves that has an area to charge an EV, let alone one that wouldn't require you to drop your trailer in the lot, go charge, hook up again and then get back on the road. Can you imagine how difficult that would be if you had to do it every 100 miles?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Back to the drawing board.​
Journalists from MotorTrend set out to test the towing capacity of the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning electric truck, and their findings were less than inspiring.

https://www.westernjournal.com/jour...&utm_content=2022-08-03&utm_campaign=topdaily
BUT WAIT...you can still use it in times of emergency to power your house when the electricity goes out. Just plug it in.
Oh wait...then the battery dies, and power is still out, no way to recharge the Lightning.
Now you have a dead house AND a dead truck !!! :headbang::thumbsdown:
Sponsored