Joining the Club - Show Me Your Lights

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet light set up!!! What lights did you use for under the hood?

I have added just a few lights...

IMG_1392.jpeg
60282061181__B9661E96-E78C-4BA3-81D1-FAA812089F58.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg
IMG_1502.jpeg
IMG_1892.jpeg
IMG_1895.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg

Lighting the front yard for my son to play baseball under the lights at home.

Sponsored

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I put in the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Yellow driving lights and the Raptor style Grille Lights. I really like the SS3 Pro's super bright and the grille lights are pretty cool too.
20210506_175530.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized that I don't think there is anything on this forum about the under hood lights I set up. Those lights are KC Cyclone lights. They are circular and have a round hole in the middle. There is a KC Kit you can buy, but I just needed the lights as I already had all the wire, fuse with holder, and a switch that were needed. So I just bought two clear Cyclone lights.

It sounds like the kit has everything you need to install these, but I am think the kit requires you to drill holes. Alas! No need to drill holes. Pull a couple plugs out that hold the under hood insulation in place, put a light at each spot, and connect it with a lag bolt. The lag bolt you will need to get on your own at a hardware store. I can't remember the size, but they are quite cheap and you only need two. So what I did was I went to my local hardware store and bought several pairs of short lag bolts of different sizes and used the pair that worked the best without poking a hole in my hood. The wires tuck under the hood insulation really nicely. Then you just need to place the switch. If you look closely at the under hood picture in my above post, see the plastic piece right in front and over by the battery. It is a red rocker switch I mounted in a small hole I drilled.. Works great and looks great. I looked into a switch that turns on when the hood is open, but did't want to use a plunger-type because it would just be another moving piece to break and I didn't want to use a mercury switch as I figured the lights would flash on and off with every bump and dip on the road and off.

Maybe someone here will find that useful. It is a pretty simple install.
Underhood lighting...

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Be different and don’t get a raptor grill. Lol.

BE3C0C45-89B6-44D2-B687-D6FA9E5CB51E.jpeg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
just to throw in something on the front plate, in texas no law on the books says the plate must be located in the factory plate holder or frame that im aware of. mines in place with zip ties lol. i used the spot and holes from the the plate holder to mount lights. on my older ranger i dont have the front plate at all and its never been an issue. im not suggesting skirt or snuff at the law, but maybe move the plate out of the way of whatever you want to do and put it some other place that still faces front in open view. as long as the plates facing front and in clear view i cant imagine getting any heat over it.
Sponsored