Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
They offered me $200 for my Pathfinder with 212k on it. Got $1500 on a trade in for the Ranger. It almost didn't make it to the dealer!
My little car is in perfect condition. It’s just old. I’ll keep it til the wheels fall off (unless husband gets rid of it😆).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I find I value my old reliable autos more than their modern counterparts. I just gave a 2003 Maxima SE to my nephew. Never a bit of trouble with it at all for 22 years! Just regular maintenance.

The same with my 2005 Ranger. I just finished rejuvenating it 2 years ago, but for 15 years all I ever did was change out a failed tensioner in year 10, and an alternator in year 15.

Same with my 1993 Miata LE. Reliable.

These cars are worth much more to me than their book value, because they have proven that they are reliable. Besides, parts, taxes, and insurance are all far less expensive.

My 2023 CX-5 Turbo is running in the tradition of the above cars. I have enormous confidence in it. No hiccups or crazy behavior.

I am doing all I can to make my 2020 Ranger as reliable, but in 3 years time I have sunk more $$ in that truck than in those 4 cars combined! Just in the hopes of achieving the same level of reliability. My wife is ready to throw in the towel, but I am going to go one more round in an effort to correct my bipolar transmission. By June of next year I'll think I'll know if the effort has been in vain. The transmission behaves in the NC winter, but come summer it acts up.
I’ve had no further problems with my Ranger, thankfully❤. I totally agree with you about the older cars. When you have a good one, it’s hard to let go. You know what you’ve got. The new ones….

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Fortunately, they did not try to lowball your Ranger...
Periodically, I get an email offer from my dealer offering me the deal of the century for my 2021 Ranger. This is the same dealer that bid my 2018 Escape SEL $2800 under Carvana when I was ordering my Ranger. My personal experience with them was excellent. The last offer was for about $26,300 for my $37-ish thousand MSRP '21 STX and a private invitation rebate of $1250. Carvana will likely get first crack at mine come trade-in time. For 2024, Ford has done some mega de-contenting, like no SuperCab (yet? ever?), no STX, can't get FX4 pkg on an XL, no rear window defroster on XL, can't get 18" wheels on XL- all these things I was able to get on mine.

I ordered mine with the intent of keeping it for 20 years, but we enjoy it so much, we go everywhere it: 51,461 miles in 30 months. At that rate, we'll have 411,688mi!

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Funny! This is my 3rd letter from an Attorney offering his services with regards to Ford Ranger issues. This one arrived about a week ago. This firm is confident... so confident that they charge nothing win or lose. They say that they get that from Ford. Who knows!

What I do know is that I have never rec'd a letter from a law firm on any previous auto that I have purchased. And I am now on letter #3.

These legal firms are circling Ford like sharks.

- T

Ranger Legal .jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Funny! This is my 3rd letter from an Attorney offering his services with regards to Ford Ranger issues. This one arrived about a week ago. This firm is confident... so confident that they charge nothing win or lose. They say that they get that from Ford. Who knows!

What I do know is that I have never rec'd a letter from a law firm on any previous auto that I have purchased. And I am now on letter #3.

- T

Ranger Legal .jpg
"2018" Ford Ranger?
Does this then apply to all the Rangers all over the world?
Why aren't we ALL getting contacted about joining the lawsuit? If they can find you, they should be able to find most of the rest of us.

Color me skeptical.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

- T

Ranger Legal .jpg
I have received letters such as this fairly often for both my Jeep and the Ranger. I bet these firms chase ambulances too...

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"2018" Ford Ranger?
Does this then apply to all the Rangers all over the world?
Why aren't we ALL getting contacted about joining the lawsuit? If they can find you, they should be able to find most of the rest of us.

Color me skeptical.
I'm in NC and they are in NC. They may not be licensed in all 50 states, and they go for individual settlements instead of class actions... so they say.

I have no knowledge of them. I only know this is the 3rd letter from attorneys in this area being sent to me. I've been here since 1982, and purchased all my autos locally, and this Ranger is the first I have ever received these types of letters about.

It is what it is. I'm not claiming anything, simply stating the facts. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Foghorn Leghorn!!!! :crackup: Man I love that stupid 🐓.
I have all of those old WB cartoons in my video library. Loved them as a kid, and still enjoy them now. They are banned now as inappropriate! Too violent! :facepalm:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.