Da Ranger

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I think part of the warranty repair is to find the water leak too. Windshield sealing?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Actually Phil it is the rear window. So either the window seal, 3rd brake light or the antenna has to be causing it. I’m guessing they will have my truck another week when this is done.
Sponsored

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
My truck has a sag on the back of the cab driver side. Dealer tinted my windows upon showing it to them was not really looking for that and will change it to ceramic at some point anyway. I just figured I did not want them trying to fix it due to location and difficulty involved with blending there. I also have orange peel that the magnetic color inherently hides it pretty well; i have not pulled on that thread with the dealer.

OP
OP
Da Ranger

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just has me scratching my head and wondering what else can be wrong with the parts we can’t actually see. Engine, transmission, transfer case, and everything else mechanical.

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
Hopefully parts mfg is not as subject to the same production implementation dynamics that paint is.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Actually Phil it is the rear window. So either the window seal, 3rd brake light or the antenna has to be causing it. I’m guessing they will have my truck another week when this is done.
Hi Cindy,

That makes much more sense. Something needs fixing to keep from damage like this again. Really getting concerned with Assembly Quality out of Michigan Truck Plant.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger came with a bunch of paint problems too. There was a chip in the front bumper, a bare spot on the bottom of one of the passenger doors, and a bunch of dirt/debris in the paint especially on the passenger's side of the box. Ford's paint quality flat out sucks. But what sucks worse is that to correct all of these issues, the truck has to be disassembled and re painted, which I really don't want. Guess I'll be living with crap paint on my Ranger :(
Hi Troy,

Let the dealer correct the poor quality. The Plant Manager gets dinged over the warranty claims. He needs to go. Folks at this level have unsigned letters of resignation and it needs to be that he/she has the letter pulled from the file and dates and booted out the door for this poor quality.

Fortunately my letter remained undated when I retired.... Third Q results described warranty out of control... Ranger is but a player in this travesty. Hacket need to go too. We make vehicles, Not officer funiture from where he came.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
On this week's Autoline After Hrs they had a quick chat bout the issues @ Ford. That even though the Explorer/Aviator problems are happening on Joe Hinrichs' watch, he is still likely to take over for Hackett. They also talked bout how they've lost a lot of veteran car guys that knew how to get product out the door. 46mins in:
So as a follow up, there is a blurb in the latest AAH where Ford paid some retirees very well to come in and help get the Explorer production back on track:

Bout an hour & 10mins in.

OP
OP
Da Ranger

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I got my truck back today. They sent me back to the auto body shop from the dealer on Thursday morning. They leak tested the rear window, antenna and third brake light. They found no leak. They finally admitted they must have wet the top of the truck when they were stripping the paint off of the cab roof while the antenna was off.

They did a detail on the truck and cleaned the head liner and put it back in place. They make it seem like I should be a happy camper but I’m not. Why did this ever get past their QC out to the customer? They even had me take the truck home over that weekend and made me wait to get an appointment to go back to the dealer to get approval for the warranty work.

So much for them giving you a like vehicle for a loaner too. I brought in a pickup and they gave me a 2020 minivan. Plus they limit the mileage to 50 miles a day. I live 42 miles from the dealer.

I also noticed when I got home that Friday they were done with paint that they had taken off my tonneau cover and never installed it back correctly. 1/2 of the hardware was laying in the bed and the weather seal was also folded under in one spot. They even left a nice foot print on the cover. Thankfully I didn’t lose the cover on the freeway on the way home.

38FFB779-81D4-4035-966E-BC9C077177AA.jpeg

The Swede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Occupation
Sales
The paint on the Ford Ranger is a disaster. My brand new Ranger came with not less than 65 dust grains in the paint. The whole car was painted dirty resulting in grains all over the car.

Ford Sweden wanted to repaint the whole car but I´m asking for exchange to a flawless vehicle .

We will see where this story will end. The reseller is very customer friendly so I hope the new car will not have this issue.

The problem seems to be wide spread all over. Ford plant manager really have to do something NOW. They can´t deliver cars with bad paint.

I have marked out the grains to make it easier to locate them on the pictures.

IMG_20200716_093356.png

IMG_20200716_093350.png

IMG_20200716_093409.png

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
The paint on the Ford Ranger is a disaster. My brand new Ranger came with not less than 65 dust grains in the paint. The whole car was painted dirty resulting in grains all over the car.

Ford Sweden wanted to repaint the whole car but I´m asking for exchange to a flawless vehicle .

We will see where this story will end. The reseller is very customer friendly so I hope the new car will not have this issue.

The problem seems to be wide spread all over. Ford plant manager really have to do something NOW. They can´t deliver cars with bad paint.

I have marked out the grains to make it easier to locate them on the pictures.

IMG_20200716_093356.png

IMG_20200716_093350.png

IMG_20200716_093409.png
I have thought about doing this with my Ranger also. There are chunks of crap in the paint ALL over the truck. I wonder if I could get Ford to repaint the whole thing to fix them, plus fix up all the rock chips on it after 1 year of driving. I paid extra for the white platinum paint and the quality is still lacking pretty badly.

Okie19724

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED
I purchased my 2019 Ranger Crew Cab on 7-25. Thought I did a good job inspecting it at this time. 7-30 I washed it and noticed that there were clumps of clear coat on the roof. The closer I looked I also noticed several areas that had swirls and scratches in the paint down to the metal that had been clear coated over.
First available dealer appointment was on 8-7. They looked at it and couldn’t see anything so they asked me to wash it again and bring it back the next day. The next day they were able to see the defects and even noticed some small dents under the globs of clear coat. They took pictures but of course it is hard to see. They then sent me back to the dealer I purchased from which is over 50 miles from my house.
The second dealer could see the defects and sent me to the body shop.
The body shop took photos but you couldn’t really see the defects. So at this point 7 different people have seen the defects with the naked eye but are having issues capturing it on camera.
Work order sent to Ford for request to fix it, denied. I took more pictures myself and denied again. Took back to body shop and the took more pictures, again it was denied.
I called Ford Customer Service and could barely understand the lady and kept getting passed around. After 1 hour and 38 minutes on the phone was told to submit again.
This time we inundated them with photos and I even wrote an email about the whole situation.
On 10-21 it is finally in the shop for paint but they won’t fix the dents so I am out of pocket $150 for that. But I plan to keep trying to get Ford to reimburse me for that.
I was given a loaner truck and the hood doesn’t even line up.
On the attached photos the Grey is mine and the white is the loaner. Come on FORD your QC Department needs to their job.

FF3A2735-6481-406E-9DBE-D75D4E1C68BB.jpeg

ED8FEA7D-1A1E-4104-BCF4-3DD13B9CC944.jpeg

A7F5E338-6348-4253-BFDE-D220FAA9091F.jpeg

0A7E2BFA-4C08-45B3-AD0E-D0F4B23F945E.jpeg
Yes, I have the same problem with paint coming off in small round specs all around the truck, took it in and have a loaner. They have to fix the dent in my door anyway and have scratches all around the truck, just a bad paint job, called ford corporation and got a customer service rep, she emailed me with a case number, so gave it to the dealership today, where I bought it. Even the mechanic said it was coming off, told them I only have 4057 miles, bought it Dec 14 2019 and do not drive it much and have a cover with a soft interior to protect it, I mean a lot of round specs that you can see all around the truck, we will see. I do love my 2019 Ford Ranger XLT, drove a 2003 for ten+ years and loved it.

SupraRanger

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1985 Toyota Celica Supra
Had massive amounts of paint chips after winter last year on both front corners of the box and it actually chewed through the PPF, the dealer got the paint fixed and put heavier duty PPF and its held up pretty much perfect since. I'm also in Canada and we had a pretty harsh winter last year.

20200602_222332.jpg
Sponsored