ISO: Ranger Roof Moulding Trim

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Hey guys. I recently got a prinsu rack installed and the shop didn’t re install my roof trim. I called them directly after the install to have it re-installed and they mentioned they would later that week.
a few days later they informed me they were thrown away accidentally.
going back and fourth with them now but seems extremely clear they will not replace them as they are approx 1000$ cad.

So curious if anyone has any laying around, or maybe has a part out or something. gonna check locally but figured I’d toss a post out to you guys as well.

Part no
Roof Molding - Ford (KB3Z-2151700-A)

9FC7AE9B-C73F-4253-8286-9329B094A90F.jpeg
Sponsored

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
That sucks! I have parts of my trim left but only the middle bits since I only put in the front and rear after the install.

How are you keeping water from seeping in through the the front hole that the trim screws into?

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. I recently got a prinsu rack installed and the shop didn’t re install my roof trim. I called them directly after the install to have it re-installed and they mentioned they would later that week.
a few days later they informed me they were thrown away accidentally.
going back and fourth with them now but seems extremely clear they will not replace them as they are approx 1000$ cad.

So curious if anyone has any laying around, or maybe has a part out or something. gonna check locally but figured I’d toss a post out to you guys as well.

Part no
Roof Molding - Ford (KB3Z-2151700-A)

9FC7AE9B-C73F-4253-8286-9329B094A90F.jpeg
If that were here in the USA, I’d be opening a case with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Does Canada have that or an equivalent? The cost of the part has absolutely nothing to do with that business‘s responsibility, especially when they are at fault for the loss. Best of luck to you.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
OP
OP
Stevescootz

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
That sucks! I have parts of my trim left but only the middle bits since I only put in the front and rear after the install.

How are you keeping water from seeping in through the the front hole that the trim screws into?
That’s the best part.
they did install the front piece, but tossed the rest. Lol

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
That’s the best part.
they did install the front piece, but tossed the rest. Lol
Weird. That is just lazy. I mean I only did the front and the rear but if I was paying someone to do the job I would expect them to do it right.

OP
OP
Stevescootz

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Weird. That is just lazy. I mean I only did the front and the rear but if I was paying someone to do the job I would expect them to do it right.
I agree. It looks awful without the back. The middle isn’t a huge deal, but it’s more about the principle at this point !

OP
OP
Stevescootz

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
yeah, they kinda messed up and thats on them to fix.
they might be forcing your hand to go to small claims court

what dealer? perhaps you and i can go to a bait and switch in the dark hours this weekend?
Yeah weird situation. They offered a 150$ store credit.. which is an insult IMO. It was cap-it langley

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
damn it on those guys ... those mldgs should survive most crashes , might find some junkyard ones...

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
Yeah weird situation. They offered a 150$ store credit.. which is an insult IMO. It was cap-it langley
Hey. That sucks. You should not be out of pocket. I am in the lower mainland and I do buy stuff from Cap-it. So obviously I am going to stay away from “that” Cap-it store.
You should contact corporate - there motto is life time satisfaction I thought. Well certainly no life time satisfaction here. Let’s see how they stand behind that motto for you. I hope corporate does the right for you. Keep us up to date on the battle.

OP
OP
Stevescootz

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Hey. That sucks. You should not be out of pocket. I am in the lower mainland and I do buy stuff from Cap-it. So obviously I am going to stay away from “that” Cap-it store.
You should contact corporate - there motto is life time satisfaction I thought. Well certainly no life time satisfaction here. Let’s see how they stand behind that motto for you. I hope corporate does the right for you. Keep us up to date on the battle.
Good call, website says total satisfaction guarantee!
Sponsored