Is the ranger raptor grill blasphemy ?

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you like it install it and love it and "F" what anyone else thinks.
Sponsored

mdfiasco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT CC
Occupation
Stance Haters Club Pres.
You make a very good point. There are plenty of BMW M-performance options in the aftermarket and OEM. Those aren't verboten as they come from the factory that way depending on package-- M-performace wheels, kidney grilles, trim levels etc... The faux pas in that community is limited to putting an actual "M" badge on the deck lid.

So, you're right: The grille doesn't say Raptor and also it doesn't matter in the long run anyway.

Regardless of being a poser, I'd like it better if it didn't say F O R D so big and tacky like an oversized Hilfiger shirt.

Last edited:

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
The Raptor grill just looks kinda cheap to me, regardless of all the other politics. OTOH, putting raptor stickers on like the truck a couple pages back is just wrong IMO, even more so on what looks like a bone stock truck. Why would you raptor out a stock truck???

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
You make a very good point. There are plenty of BMW M-performance options in the aftermarket and OEM. Those aren't verboten as they come from the factory that way depending on package-- M-performace wheels, kidney grilles, trim levels etc... The faux pas in that community is limited to putting an actual "M" badge on the deck lid.

So, you're right: The grille doesn't say Raptor and also it doesn't matter in the long run anyway.

Regardless of being a poser, I'd like it better if it didn't say F O R D so big and tacky like an oversized Hilfiger shirt.
you can make it say DOOD and then it would not be like the Raptor grille.

Dochatley

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The Raptor grill just looks kinda cheap to me, regardless of all the other politics. OTOH, putting raptor stickers on like the truck a couple pages back is just wrong IMO, even more so on what looks like a bone stock truck. Why would you raptor out a stock truck???
1597790524325.png
Guys, I am so sorry I was wrong and I put Raptor stickers on a bone stock Ranger ( even though itā€™s not). I Didnā€™t know it wasnā€™t allowed. I guess your just supposed to leave them as they roll off the line. All you guys that put bigger wheels on. TAKE THEM OFF. Added any stripes, TAKE THEM OFF. Lights in your grill like the Raptor. TAKE THEM OFF. Changed the wheels. TAKE THEM OFF. And the greatest sin, putting a Lariat grill on your XLT. TAKE IT OFF RIGHT NOW!!!! Or your going to Hell!!!

Glad we all get our opinions. Some of the things Iā€™ve seen done to these trucks I wouldnā€™t do but they all look pretty cool to me.

mdfiasco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT CC
Occupation
Stance Haters Club Pres.
you can make it say DOOD and then it would not be like the Raptor grille.
I totally looked that up. Seems the letters are removable so I was looking for diff letters to just spell my first name. DUDE or MATT or whatever, much cooler than (hail corporate) FORD.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
1597790524325.png
Guys, I am so sorry I was wrong and I put Raptor stickers on a bone stock Ranger ( even though itā€™s not). I Didnā€™t know it wasnā€™t allowed. I guess your just supposed to leave them as they roll off the line. All you guys that put bigger wheels on. TAKE THEM OFF. Added any stripes, TAKE THEM OFF. Lights in your grill like the Raptor. TAKE THEM OFF. Changed the wheels. TAKE THEM OFF. And the greatest sin, putting a Lariat grill on your XLT. TAKE IT OFF RIGHT NOW!!!! Or your going to Hell!!!

Glad we all get our opinions. Some of the things Iā€™ve seen done to these trucks I wouldnā€™t do but they all look pretty cool to me.
Wow, that was a little overboard. A rough country level is close enough to stock to call it stock. Each to his own. If you had wheels, off-road tires, and a proper lift then you could probably get away with a raptor decal.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1597790524325.png

Jerry,

Please, Please do not make me take off my Tailgate Damper! ?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jerry,

Please, Please do not make me take off my Tailgate Damper! ?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
No way...You have the custom Ford Racing damper! ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I didn't find anything about Ranger grills in the Bible so I'm confident we're not going to hell:like:
The Bible does, however, say we are to "not bear false witness".
But it does not speak against aspiring to greatness. ?

Jgarrett

First Name
jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
FBI
The Bible does, however, say we are to "not bear false witness".
But it does not speak against aspiring to greatness. ?
lol...I'll ask my wife who teaches bible but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Trucks. Otherwise we're all in trouble :crackup:
Sponsored