Installed Thule rack today

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
For those shopping, give Rhino Rack a look. Equivalent setups include locks and is typically a bit cheaper than Yak and Thule. I'm very happy with mine. This is the aerodynamic 54" bars. Vortex Aero I believe, which the appropriate feet and landing pads. This one was sold as a kit to fit the Yakima channels installed in my Snugtop canopy.
Rhino Rack.jpg
Sponsored

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
rhyno rack was bought by thule many years ago, same keys, same parts, I used both and even yakima on previous cars and Thule/ RHyno racks is wayyy better built!

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
I wish rack companies would made a non-permanent low profile roof rack, sitting 1 or 2 inches above the roof would look way better and make less wind noise! (IMO)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I wish rack companies would made a non-permanent low profile roof rack, sitting 1 or 2 inches above the roof would look way better and make less wind noise! (IMO)
Yeah, everyone seems to have tall legs to clear the crown of the roof and thick crossbars. Often the clearance is way more than what’s needed. I got lucky with the profile of my Rhino-Rack system and achieved a lower profile than most.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'm looking at getting a set of roof rails off of an SUV and attaching them as bed rails, and then getting some of those easy-to-remove crossbars so that I can have them when I need them (usually for longer road trips) but they're not there permanently. That would keep my extra cargo behind the cab so that it's not creating extra wind resistance & it's not to difficult for the shorter members of my family to get into. The bed rails would also give me more tie-down points on a permanent basis.

Devil6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was going to make a recommendation but since a stupid videappears in the comment box covering the text exerytime I try to type I’m giving up.​

tlhdoc

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I installed the Thule rack 2 months ago. Went on a 2500 mile trip towing a travel trailer, and 2 kayaks on the roof. The truck and the roof rack both worked great. I removed the rack when we returned home. I did put small marks on the strips of rubber that run along the edges of the roof. This way I do not have to measure where to place the feet when reinstalling the roof rack. Does anyone know what those rubber strips are called?
Sponsored