In Production For Eternity?

CrazedHoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL STX
My Ranger has been listed as “in production” since September 27th. It had an estimated delivery of November 11th, but has been pushed back multiple times. I had also ordered a Maverick, and it was only in production for 3 days before waiting to ship for 4 days, and then finally shipping.

So what gives? Is this normal behavior for a Ranger order? Should I expect to not get my Ranger for awhile?
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
My Ranger has been listed as “in production” since September 27th. It had an estimated delivery of November 11th, but has been pushed back multiple times. I had also ordered a Maverick, and it was only in production for 3 days before waiting to ship for 4 days, and then finally shipping.

So what gives? Is this normal behavior for a Ranger order? Should I expect to not get my Ranger for awhile?
Seems normal. You can expect several months. Not sure you're aware there is a parts shortage right now.

OP
OP

CrazedHoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL STX
Seems normal. You can expect several months. Not sure you're aware there is a parts shortage right now.
I hear some of the ranger options are stuck waiting on electronic modules (chips) so they can complete the builds.
I have the XL 101A STX Ranger ordered. Is that one of the ones waiting for parts?

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
I have the XL 101A STX Ranger ordered. Is that one of the ones waiting for parts?
Any more details on the specs? My STX 101A 4x4 Crewcab Ranger arrived two months from order date. Aug-Oct

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
If Ford would communicate with the dealer about exactly what is holding up a particular build and give the customer (or dealer order for stock) a opportunity to substitute a particular option choice (non chip part like wheels or rear sliding window) or a chip option like in 301a to a lesser chipped option like 101a.
In my case if the chrome wheels I chose were holding up my order I would gladly opt for silver painted wheels if that would get my truck built, but as it stands I have no idea what or why.:angry:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Maybe your dealer can get more up to date info ?