Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Update with now 3,000 miles on the new setup. I have settled on the 4th compression adjustment setting for daily driving. Truck feels very responsive at higher speeds (swerving debris tested this) at city driving speeds this setting feels perfect for pot holes without jarring the truck. Off road with speeds lower than 30 mph I really like using setting 2 it glides over big holes and rocks in the trail. Anything slower and I will set it to "S" think rock garden type of terrain. Dirt roads with washboard and speeds of 50-70 I like to use setting 5-6 depending what kinda roads they are. The faster the shaft speed typically the more aggressive the compression adjustment should be.

Overall, still very impressed with this setup. Not a single squeak, creak, or pop from any of the parts. Very consistent and predictable handling out of the truck now.
Sponsored

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it coming. Thanks for the updates. Tough to find review on all the differing builds. Appreciated.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep it coming. Thanks for the updates. Tough to find review on all the differing builds. Appreciated.
Sure thing! I'd like it for everyone to do the same to help people decide on what they want to do with their builds. Ill be adding 34" tires and new wheels so ill update on how the shocks handle the added weight and if I settle on different compression settings.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Sure thing! I'd like it for everyone to do the same to help people decide on what they want to do with their builds. Ill be adding 34" tires and new wheels so ill update on how the shocks handle the added weight and if I settle on different compression settings.
Kinda wish there was a build specific thread for each set up or a constant page about differing lifts/leveling kit setups and how they ride/reviews.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda wish there was a build specific thread for each set up or a constant page about differing lifts/leveling kit setups and how they ride/reviews.
That would be nice to have. I'll ask a mod if I can get something arranged.

BadFUNGUS

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Now that you've had this for a while how do you like the tubular upper control arms? Do you wish that you had gotten the billets or have they been sufficient?

Also what size tires were you running on your stock wheels before upgrading to 34"s?

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Now that you've had this for a while how do you like the tubular upper control arms? Do you wish that you had gotten the billets or have they been sufficient?

Also what size tires were you running on your stock wheels before upgrading to 34"s?
I run 285/70R17's and have the stage III with tubular upper arms. I also have a similar setup on my 4Runner. I can't compare them to the billets because I've never had billets. I am totally satisfied with what I have. I think geometrically they are about the same, so the big difference is probably material. I couldn't justify the big markup between the two.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I’m still really happy with my setup. Just went out again this weekend and everything is performing perfectly. The tubulars are south just fine. Only real benefit the billets offer over the tubular is the option to adjust the angle. I didn’t want that and an issue for long term usage if it ever came loose on a rough washboard trail.
Really comes down to what you want to do. If you want to adjust your UCA length then get the billets. If not the tubular is a indistinguishable option.

As for the tires I had 265/70/17’s on the truck prior to the 34’s and wheels

Hope this helps!

65DB11EA-CF75-4236-8581-E03C6D2BEC6F.jpeg

BadFUNGUS

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I run 285/70R17's and have the stage III with tubular upper arms. I also have a similar setup on my 4Runner. I can't compare them to the billets because I've never had billets. I am totally satisfied with what I have. I think geometrically they are about the same, so the big difference is probably material. I couldn't justify the big markup between the two.
Thanks! I noticed thats what Jason at Stage 3 also ran on his stock wheels. I'm going to do some more reading to try and see if anyone has tried 285/75R17 KO2s. Its about an inch bigger which may be too much for this set up, or I may just wait to get new tires when I upgrade the wheels.

I’m still really happy with my setup. Just went out again this weekend and everything is performing perfectly. The tubulars are south just fine. Only real benefit the billets offer over the tubular is the option to adjust the angle. I didn’t want that and an issue for long term usage if it ever came loose on a rough washboard trail.
Really comes down to what you want to do. If you want to adjust your UCA length then get the billets. If not the tubular is a indistinguishable option.

As for the tires I had 265/70/17’s on the truck prior to the 34’s and wheels

Hope this helps!

65DB11EA-CF75-4236-8581-E03C6D2BEC6F.jpeg
Thanks that is helpful. I just didn't want to get the tubular and then find I really want to adjust the UCAs a few rides in. If you haven't felt the need by now with your build I doubt I will as well. Much appreciated!

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hey Andy hope all is well! Quick question for ya in regards to the UCA. Did you do it yourself or had a shop do it? Also if you did the install any tips and trick that you can share? I want to do it myself to save money but I don't want to mess it up. Also thanks for the play by play on the DP install. That was a great help. Have a good day.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Andy hope all is well! Quick question for ya in regards to the UCA. Did you do it yourself or had a shop do it? Also if you did the install any tips and trick that you can share? I want to do it myself to save money but I don't want to mess it up. Also thanks for the play by play on the DP install. That was a great help. Have a good day.
I sent you a PM with a walk though on how to do it.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I've been learning about the differences between digressive and progressive valving. At first, I was seeing people bash digressive as being too firm on road, but as I kept researching I found that they might rule off-road at high speeds instead of getting too firm compared to progressive valving at high speeds. Do you guys know the spring rate on these?
How's the on road feel if any of you don't have the compression adjusters? Off-road opinions?

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so what exactly are us cast iron spindle guys supposed to do if we want a kit?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Ok so what exactly are us cast iron spindle guys supposed to do if we want a kit?
Buy an upper from APG or Camburg or whatever place let's you choose your spindle type. Then coilovers separate. I ordered my coilovers yesterday and I got them this morning.
PXL_20210416_220341462.jpg
Sponsored