I have a rant about my local dealership and techs.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Curious to know how LED bulbs violate laws and ruin the housings?

I have a set I was going to install one day in my F150?
I put LED back up lights in and they are amazing! I have an LED turn signal build in and I do get the hyper flash, never got around to putting in the units to stop this.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Whitey Bulger

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL / 2020 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
I suspect I'll regret getting into the middle of this, but....

I have always held the belief, that if you can't fix something yourself, then don't complain about paying the price to have it fixed by someone who can. This rule applies to almost everything, including divorces!

Lastly, we're human. We fail. We fail a lot! But blaming others for our own shortsightedness, is stupid!
I appreciate your opinions on my abilities or lack of abilities to repair my own truck. You don't know me and I don't know you. But I am 72 years old and have been doing mechanical work for over 53 years. I have also been a machinist for a few years. Being 72 years old I am not able to perform some of the jobs I used to do. But thank you for pointing out that If I am unable to fix something I shouldn't complain about the price to have someone else fix it for me. You also do not know my financial situation. Maybe I can't afford to have that fixed, but it's OK, just make fun of someone that might not have as much money as you.

As far as mentioning a divorce, thank you. I was married one time to the same woman for 41 years and never divorced. My Wife died 2 years ago and I have no idea what a divorce has to do with the topic.

I always say, you tell a person's lack of vocabulary if they have to resort to name calling to get their point across.

OP
OP

Whitey Bulger

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL / 2020 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
Curious to know how LED bulbs violate laws and ruin the housings?

I have a set I was going to install one day in my F150?
I put LED back up lights in and they are amazing! I have an LED turn signal build in and I do get the hyper flash, never got around to putting in the units to stop this.
I hope LED's don't violate any laws or ruin housings. LED's actually are brighter and cooler than Halogen bulbs. Many vehicles come from the factory with LED's now.

As far as the hyper flash, a load equalizer should remedy that problem.

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
As far as the A/C is concerned. I have gotten two different excuses as to why the A/C acts like it does. If you don't know the real reason something works the way it does, make up something and BS the customer.
Honestly, I'm going to guess that the reason for the A/C behavior is buried so deep in the management module code that someone would need the source AND code review meeting notes to find out what business and programming decisions were made, and why. Still, it's become more or less standardized across the industry so there must be a known good reason, right? :rolleyes:

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Mr. Bulger, there was no specific target in my post, so don't take it personally.

I'm 81, and I installed all of the go-fast goodies my Ranger, by myself! Yes, some of us can't because of age-related issues, but luckily I'm not one of those.

I'm once divorced after 31 years, and my second lasted 23 years, before my wife passed 2 years ago. I believe I can related to some of your woes. This said, the reference to divorce was simply that I had put up with a lot of grief, before I pulled the plug, and paid the bill for doing so. I believe this, as I alluded to, applies to just about all of human activity. If we can't fix the problem, sooner of later we have to pay!

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Did you tell them your name is Karen and you wanted to speak to the manager?

If you can afford Harley’s, you can afford hub caps and repair bills. Nothing the dealership did here was wrong or unreasonable.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
When I start my truck the A/C turns on the A/C recirculation. I have to turn it off the use the regular A/C. The dealer said that is normal. They say the A/C does that when there is moisture in the air. Well, in California there was 1% humidity and the A/C did the same thing. More excuses for not knowing why.
I've noticed the A/C makes up it's own mind when it wants to be on recirc or not. Never had a car that did that. Normally I don't use recirc because this time of year it's humid as hell in PA and if you leave it on the windows will fog up.
Sponsored