First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just a short update - I drove about 100 miles yesterday - all good - Today, I noticed FordPass no longer had the "service engine soon" alerts in it. So all appears to be good now.
Gotta love it when things finally work out.
Good deal!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like yours was good , do you park inside mostly or you think the engine cover helped save yours ?
I park outside all the time - my guess is the engine cover did its job. Since I do park outside all the time I was somewhat concerned about it. All the plugs seemed the same - no evidence of water intrusion that I saw.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I park outside all the time - my guess is the engine cover did its job. Since I do park outside all the time I was somewhat concerned about it. All the plugs seemed the same - no evidence of water intrusion that I saw.

Level ground ? When i was testing mine it was ok until the nose started going downhill , maybe even a level kit would help with that ...

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Level ground ? When i was testing mine it was ok until the nose started going downhill , maybe even a level kit would help with that ...
Mostly level, but if anything it would be nose high (which would make it worse I'd think since water would flow back to that back plug). I dunno - I'm just glad it was fine.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Mostly level, but if anything it would be nose high (which would make it worse I'd think since water would flow back to that back plug). I dunno - I'm just glad it was fine.
Nose level and nose up keeps the water from ever spilling over in the first place , at least when i checked mine anyway , sounds like your good sir !
Sponsored