First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I received this in my city's newsletter. Apparently it's the fix to end all fixes for Hyundai/kia thefts until these kids figure out a way around them with a hacksaw. :crackup:
1693669170023.png
Sponsored

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Not effective as a 9mm but hey, it works for now.
But you have to be present for that to work and with Soro's backed DA's you are more likely to be imprisoned than the career criminals.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I have owned a few Hyundais and have a big Kia sitting outside along with the Ranger. Raced Hyundais actually - 03 Elantra (nitrous) and a Genesis coupe (3.8 v6 with N/a mods); after spending a year over in Korea I sort of stuck with them. They also seem like they were built with the mechanic in mind; far more than the big3 cars I have owned (except dodge.. bleh) After they stopped being built by Mitz they were not as big of crap boxes they started as in the 80s/90s. Until the bama plant skipped steps and murdered the Theta engines. So far all I owned have out performed all of my GMs and current Ford on overall reliability. I looked at the Santa Cruz but... that thing is a bit weird looking. So didn't go to Hyundai for a truck like thing.

My current minivan isn't part of this crap with the easy to steal mess. However, my last hatchback was.. so. If I was letting it sit in a place I wasn't happy about I left with the ignition fuse (with a spare hidden in my toolbag in the back). It would turn over with the key in it like it was about to start and never get going. So if anyone tried to steal it... they would think it was ready to start but nope... never going to fire without spark.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Not effective as a 9mm but hey, it works for now.
I am in N.Y so I carry something different LOL and not afraid to use him (and have)
Meet Scooby he is a 107 Lbs, he never misses :)

1693754145587.jpeg

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
for some owners theft of their Hyundai/KIA is a welcome blessing, best after they collected their slice of the $200 mil class action settlement.

OP
OP
myothercarizahearse

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
for some owners theft of their Hyundai/KIA is a welcome blessing, best after they collected their slice of the $200 mil class action settlement.
ya that quarter is so nice to have :surprised: don't spend it all on half a gumball

Tremot Trent

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Driver
Agency that sent out this notice is intentionally misleading. If still an issue, owner of effected vehicle on list, is either ignorant or intentional ignoring letters, emails or other communication for manufacturer. Was informed Nov/22 of fix, took 20 minutes to install electronic fix at dealer. Most keyed vehicles prior to 2018 have same issue, yet most were fixed. My 2016 F350 got update years ago on a regular service, before a known theft issue.

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
You're right on one aspect I forget which car the 80s it was but the coral coat recall was the dealer had to give her buddy one of those to use to prevent theft. I always looked at it as I have something valuable in my car that I don't want stolen so come try.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I received this in my city's newsletter. Apparently it's the fix to end all fixes for Hyundai/kia thefts until these kids figure out a way around them with a hacksaw. :crackup:
1693669170023.png
Nice! Is The Trunk monkey also an option?!?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
1693669170023.png
Yep, got me one from Hyundai. Apparently, thereā€™s a huge theft ring after those cute little Accents! ;)

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, got me one from Hyundai. Apparently, thereā€™s a huge theft ring after those cute little Accents! ;)
Until you come out to the parking lot and your Accent is there but somebody stole yer Club lol
Sponsored