Hyperblink with OEM halogen bulbs

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
This just started occurring. I still have the original halogen bulbs in the turn signals. It started as just the right turn signal would hyperblink, but now it's both signals. Sometimes pressing the brake pedal causes it to return to a normal blink. Other times, pressing the brake causes it to hyperblink.

I have verified during a hyperblink that the bulbs are not hyperblinking. In FORscan, I have found codes B1265 and B1266, which I believe reference the tail lights as the culprit. I did change the BCM code to disable hyperblink, but that a few weeks ago. I have since reverted to the original code.

Any ideas ?
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

Do you have the recall for the taillight issue? My first thought was the taillights are going bad or disconnecting due to the connector issue which is the subject of a recall. Maybe not, but something to consider.

OP
OP
DHMag

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the recall for the taillight issue? My first thought was the taillights are going bad or disconnecting due to the connector issue which is the subject of a recall. Maybe not, but something to consider.
The Ford Pass tells me I may be subject to the recall, but no definite word, and no definite solution. Looks like I'll be visiting my dealer tomorrow to see if I need the recall.

Edit: according to the recall, my truck should not be included,. Build date of 4-12-19

Last edited:

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
The Ford Pass tells me I may be subject to the recall, but no definite word, and no definite solution. Looks like I'll be visiting my dealer tomorrow to see if I need the recall.

Edit: according to the recall, my truck should not be included,. Build date of 4-12-19
According to the recalls thread the dates are June 4, 2018 through August 16, 2019. I would check that connector...

OP
OP
DHMag

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the recalls thread the dates are June 4, 2018 through August 16, 2019. I would check that connector...
Shit, I didn't even look at the year, June of 2018. I'll check the connector this weekend.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Shit, I didn't even look at the year, June of 2018. I'll check the connector this weekend.
I did the same thing when I received my recall (built in March). BTW, dealer said mine was bad.

OP
OP
DHMag

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: issue resolved. Turned out a change I made in FORscan didn't agree with the truck.

Deleted member 1634

Update: issue resolved. Turned out a change I made in FORscan didn't agree with the truck.
That is exactly my fear with Forscan, that I'll misunderstand something I'm doing and royally screw something up. I'm not completely incompetent with computers and programming, but I'm certainly no programming wiz.

OP
OP
DHMag

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is exactly my fear with Forscan, that I'll misunderstand something I'm doing and royally screw something up. I'm not completely incompetent with computers and programming, but I'm certainly no programming wiz.
Luckily, the first thing I did was save back ups of the original files before I made any changes. I just reloaded the original file into the truck and the issue went away.

I was trying to change the number of blinks in the SCCM module according to the F150. Needless to say, it didn't work.
Sponsored