How to disable the double honk.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
The double honk is to remind you that the truck is still running. It will happen on push button start models that don’t require a key to be put in. If you leave the key in the truck and get out with it running, it will not honk.
Sponsored

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I frequently leave the tow vehicle running while hooking up the trailer. I hope I'm not going to be hearing double honks by doing so.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I read “honk” I think of that scene in the Karate Kid...

OP
OP
Lloyd C

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
I frequently leave the tow vehicle running while hooking up the trailer. I hope I'm not going to be hearing double honks by doing so.
The solution for not hearing the double honk is counter intuitive, ridiculous and inconvenient for keyless entry. “Leave your key in the truck when you shut the door.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
After about 4000 mi, mine quit double honking, now if it would quit honking on my F-350, I would really be happy!!!!

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Use Forscan to disable both.
After about 4000 mi, mine quit double honking, now if it would quit honking on my F-350, I would really be happy!!!!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Think "beep beep" at 0600 when hooking the camper up to get an early start on the drive home. The neighbors at the campground will all be thrilled :)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
@Lloyd C Did you ever get this disabled? If no, I'd be willing to give it a try via remote desktop or something if you buy the ELM adapter.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Like Ray stated above -- Use Forscan to disable the double honk. Also while one is at it -- There are so many other features that one can either disable or change. I've made close to a dozen alterations to my 2020 -- It really comes down to one's preference whether or not one wants to be bothered by all the alarms or not. In my case -- I prefer the truck to be not so annoying with all the horn honks and warning chimes.

geekcohen

First Name
Cohen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 PX3
Occupation
IT Manager
Hi all,

For future readers, you can disable this via Forscan which is a software tool connected to a computer/laptop via USB and then it connects to the vehicle's OBD2 port. Here is an article on "What is Forscan".

Then you can modify the double honk / double toot feature by making a modification via the software. I did this in my PX3 Ranger and one of the best things, so handy. Here is a little article I wrote about it - https://clcarsblog.com/ford/ranger/fordscan-ford-ranger/how-to-disable-ford-double-honk/

Now if only I could find out how to do it for my Wife's Hyundai Tuscon!

Good luck!
Sponsored