How to disable the double honk.

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
I am a no chrome guy and the double honk when I close the door with the truck is running is a real issue for me. I had no idea how many times like getting the mail when the annoying double honk is sounded. I really can take care of myself and I do not need government or Ford telling me how to be safe. My dealer says can not be done. What say you?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lloyd C

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
OP
OP
Lloyd C

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
How does one use “for scan”. As this is the first Forum I have ever participated in I end up in a dead end on my question of how to disable horn honks.
Is there a reason that the answer to my question by found in a post reply?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
OK, it's a lot more complicated than can be taught in a post on a forum. The answer to your question is "Ford doesn't allow you to turn it off, but Forscan, a third party CAN control program can disable this feature".

I'd start watching youtube videos or find someone in your area that is computer savvy and car savvy as the process is a lot like flashing a performance tune on the truck.

The basics are you need to go to Forscan.org and join their forums, after that, you can download the program. Then you order a compatible ELM OBDII device from Amazon, and then you connect the device to your computer and car so that the program can change the values for you.

I'm sorry I was brief, I ASSumed you knew a little about how the trucks features are enabled/disabled.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I don't think so. It's supposed to be when you have the vehicle running, and get out and shut the door. But I never do that, so I've got no reference.

OP
OP
Lloyd C

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
OK, it's a lot more complicated than can be taught in a post on a forum. The answer to your question is "Ford doesn't allow you to turn it off, but Forscan, a third party CAN control program can disable this feature".

I'd start watching youtube videos or find someone in your area that is computer savvy and car savvy as the process is a lot like flashing a performance tune on the truck.

The basics are you need to go to Forscan.org and join their forums, after that, you can download the program. Then you order a compatible ELM OBDII device from Amazon, and then you connect the device to your computer and car so that the program can change the values for you.

I'm sorry I was brief, I ASSumed you knew a little about how the trucks features are enabled/disabled.
Thanks. Guess I will try to turn the truck off when ever I get out. Defiantly not up to what you describe above.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Is this only on keyless entry vehicles?
It happened to me with a XLT & no push button start. But I've heard it's more common on the Lariat.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
It happened to me with a XLT & no push button start. But I've heard it's more common on the Lariat.
Yeah I have an Xlt with no push button start but I do have remote start and I do not get the double honk I tested it today

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have an Xlt with no push button start but I do have remote start and I do not get the double honk I tested it today
In my case it was the rear passenger opening the door and leaving when in D mode, not in Park.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to open the door to get my mail, it goes insane until I close the door...

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, it's crazy, My EXPLORER used to do the same thing but only on the last door closed. Now my LARIAT does it even if I have my door still open and open and close any of the other doors. Annoying but I guess I'll just have to get used to it. :)

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Weird, before I disabled it with Forscan, when I used to get out at the mail box, Id just leave the door slightly open and it would not honk.

Much, better now, I was hooking up the sled trailer the other day and realized how many times it would have honked with me getting in and out and was quite happy I did this mod!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Can you make it honk when the auto brakes come on?
Sponsored