How many actually use the running boards

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Bought them so my wife can get in, although I had to buy ones that looked as good as they function...

And they play sweet music as I drive down dirt/gravel/rocky roads
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I'm 5'6" and Kate's 5'2" and Cheech, is well, he's only about 12 inches tall ...

BUT ... Westin HDX Stainless Steel Nerf steps have now made the Ranger as easy to use as a car. Kate's got a bum leg and can now get in and out very easily. I'm old and fat, so I can now get in with risking a heart attack!

I fretted over which to get. Lowest was best but AMP Power steps are very expensive and a bit involved to install (for me anyway).

The steps on these are perfect and the front one for our 4x2 Scab is about 13 inches off the ground in the middle of the step (about a quarter inch lower at the front of the step and a quarter inch taller at the back of the front step, the rear step is about 14 inches in its middle).

They are very secure feeling and it feels like placing your foot on a ladder rung.

Edit: And they are easy to use when getting out since they stick out and are easy to find. AND .. because they are steps, there's less shin banging when reaching for stuff in the truck, at least so far (I've only had them on two days and only used them a few times).

IMG_20220515_125902214_HDR.jpg

1652714066327.jpeg

Last edited:

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I definitely use them, but I also had major foot and ankle surgery a few years ago so my range of motion isn’t what it used to be.

I could manage without them but love having the boards.
Sponsored