First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I'm 6'1" and use them. Keeps me from crushing the edge of the seat getting in and bumping the headlight switch. No problem ducking down. Mainly got them for the wife but have gotten used to using them.
20200208_143727.jpg

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Originally ordered without them and we found we wished we had them. Recently picked up a newish take off OE set and installed. I’m 5’11” and wife is 5’9”. Like others, it was for both getting in and out to protect the seats and for cleaning the roof when washing.
E805439E-1D3E-4884-ABE4-4EFB5B9C3910.jpeg

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Well done.. those do look good on your truck.

The big thing most folks dislike is the gap between the boards and the cab... which due to the shadows don't show up in your photo. I'm at a loss as to why Ford doesn't fill this space like Toyota does on their 4-Runners?
My truck came with the factory running boards. I agree, the gap is unsightly. Ford sells a filler panel, but they're $399 and only in chrome.
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12748/s/panel/category/224/

I guess for that price there are better choices.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I'm 6'1" and use them. Keeps me from crushing the edge of the seat getting in and bumping the headlight switch. No problem ducking down. Mainly got them for the wife but have gotten used to using them.
20200208_143727.jpg
I also have hit the headlight switch when not using them . Always down one click so lights would be on foreever ; enough to kill battery .

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I got them for my wife (she authorized the purchase) ?

I have found they allow me to get in & out of the truck without dragging much across the lower bolster of the the leather seats.

Will probably prolong the wear & tear on the seats.... so that's an added bonus! ?

IMG_6381.jpeg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
or are they just for aesthetics... I m looking to get these when back in stock. 6.6" of protection. Currently, the wife's CRV door hits the stock running boards before the truck body by only 1/2" Would like to extend that to 2". I use the Running boards to enter and exit saving wear and tear dragging my ass across the bolster and seat sides. The wider the better.

Love these..But sold out....

https://www.tygerauto.com/i-50468-t...textured-black-side-step-rails-nerf-bars.html

screenshot-www.tygerauto.com-2020.01.18-12_33_31.png
I'm six-foot-three and don't need them, but my wife, who is considerably more modest in stature, does, along with a pair of steps, one for the garage, and one for travel. We got the factory black boards to match our BAP; they seem to be of decent quality, no problems so far, and we like the look. Now, since they come in pairs, we have them on both sides of the truck, and I have taken to using them to plunk myself down on the middle of the seat instead of, as you say, "dragging my ass across...."

IMG_3156.JPG

uh_NoThanksMan

First Name
AZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Sales
added the side steps to make it easier for my little guys to get in and out. Not mad at the way it looks though
270BDE09-BF09-452D-BDCE-501BB9A737BF.jpeg

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
I use them (and expect my passengers to use them) every time I get in and out of the truck. Most people getting out of most trucks opt to "slide" off the seat, bypass the running board and head straight for the ground. I've had to many seat bolsters get rubbed down to the foam, torn, lost thigh support, etc. on one side because of it..... I like the clean look of not having running boards, but I like my seats too. I have a set of GoRhino DSS boards if any one is interested.... I swapped them for AMP steps now.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
use mine every day, maybe i am a sunshine pumper, but other than very minor things, there is nothing i dont like about this truck. and my dealer is above and beyond.......roll tide

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
use mine every day, maybe i am a sunshine pumper, but other than very minor things, there is nothing i dont like about this truck. and my dealer is above and beyond.......roll tide
Nothing wrong with being a sunshine pumper. There's nothing I don't like about my Ranger either. I have enjoyed every minute of it!:turkey:

dvh

First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rangler XLT Supercrew, 2019 Hyundai Elantra Limited
i do not currently have any boards on my truck. I would not likely use them, as I can't figure out the footwork when I try to use them in other folks trucks. but, some here have suggested that they are good for defending against door dings, which I am seriously interested in doing. with this as a primary objective, can anyone suggest a "good choice"?

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Mine has the stock chrome tube with a step type the were used here before the facelift model.

I'm 6 2" and my wife is 6.0 so we don't use them much, but they are useful as rock deflectors and for washing the roof.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Arthritis, creakey knees....use em everytime I get in. Also helps to plop down in center of seat...no draggie butt to wear bolsters down.
Sponsored