First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger CL
525 days and 20459 miles and still smiling
Ranger209.jpg
I am so jealous! My son bought me a ‘20 Ranger XL. Absolutely blew me away! Was driving it everywhere and running every errand. Then the dreaded ‘orange engine light’ started glowing. Neither Ford nor the dealership had an idea of what was wrong. Now they have had the truck more than I have. Replaced the ‘turbo’ fuel pump twice and still no answer. Anyone else had issues with fuel pumps on ‘20 Rangers? I want my truck back or one that actually works.
Any help is much appreciated- Ford dealership has not been communicative or helpful.
Sponsored

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
I am so jealous! My son bought me a ‘20 Ranger XL. Absolutely blew me away! Was driving it everywhere and running every errand. Then the dreaded ‘orange engine light’ started glowing. Neither Ford nor the dealership had an idea of what was wrong. Now they have had the truck more than I have. Replaced the ‘turbo’ fuel pump twice and still no answer. Anyone else had issues with fuel pumps on ‘20 Rangers? I want my truck back or one that actually works.
Any help is much appreciated- Ford dealership has not been communicative or helpful.
check with your local lemon laws, there is a time / attempts threshold. once they hit it, they own the truck.

Menden67

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger CL
check with your local lemon laws, there is a time / attempts threshold. once they hit it, they own the truck.
Thank you. That is the route our dealership is forcing us to go. They can’t get parts; the received a fuel pump, but Ford could supply the bolts and fittings. The dealership has now had it 1.5 times longer than I have. They are frustrated, but I don’t have my truck .

Menden67

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger CL
Thank you. That is the route our dealership is forcing us to go. They can’t get parts; the received a fuel pump, but Ford could supply the bolts and fittings. The dealership has now had it 1.5 times longer than I have. They are frustrated, but I don’t have my truck .
My apologies: clarification- Ford sent the fuel pump, but they cannot supply the bolts and fittings. The rep at the dealership had a 1 1/2 page of customers who needed parts that Ford couldn’t supply. So I am back to no truck and now a back order on parts. The manager says it can’t be “lemon lawed” because the parts are not available.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Dealer says... hehe. I don't recall that being a loophole in the law, might want to chat with a lawyer to clarify that. there are law firms that just do lemon law, sure they would answer the Q w/o a problem. I'm betting if they were looking at a lemon law outcome, you might get your parts.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer says... hehe. I don't recall that being a loophole in the law, might want to chat with a lawyer to clarify that. there are law firms that just do lemon law, sure they would answer the Q w/o a problem. I'm betting if they were looking at a lemon law outcome, you might get your parts.
I agree! You should absolutely not listen to anything the dealer tells you about the applicability of the "Lemon Law," as his interests and yours are not aligned in this matter. Talk to a lawyer right away, for two reasons. One, once the dealer knows that you are serious about asserting your rights, he may find the parts before the end of the day. Two, if you do have to take legal action, you will be ready for what follows. Good luck, man!

Menden67

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger CL
I agree! You should absolutely not listen to anything the dealer tells you about the applicability of the "Lemon Law," as his interests and yours are not aligned in this matter. Talk to a lawyer right away, for two reasons. One, once the dealer knows that you are serious about asserting your rights, he may find the parts before the end of the day. Two, if you do have to take legal action, you will be ready for what follows. Good luck, man!
Thank you all for your help/advice.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Got our 2020 Lariat back today after sitting for 9 days waiting for parts to fix the rear axle leak. Amazing how fast it got done after I requested they take it back and make it look like the purchase never happened.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hope it is repaired soon. Sorry you are having this problem, but, wow, what a son! :clap:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Got our 2020 Lariat back today after sitting for 9 days waiting for parts to fix the rear axle leak. Amazing how fast it got done after I requested they take it back and make it look like the purchase never happened.
Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully there will be many smiles in the future.:)

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Very Happy for You. Hope things go smoother for you. :like:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still smiling and love my Ranger that doesn't mean I haven't had a problem I go this Thursday to get the counsel cover replaced the material was pulling lose like the threads had come undone. But I'm still very happy with my Ranger :rockon:
Sponsored