First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I am going to miss my Mustang GT very much. I have totally enjoyed driving it and never regretted my purchase. But a truck is more practical so it's time to say good-bye. I hope whoever purchases it enjoys it and treats it with as much care as I did.
Sally.jpg

We had very similar Mustang tastes.

IMG_0389.JPG
Sponsored

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Welcome! I think you'll find this community a great resource (but make sure you hide your wallet from yourself... buying one of these trucks is just the beginning... )
definitely stay away from here What did you do to your Ranger today?
many, many mods you don't need but have to have. Thread mods is like lays chips can't just have one.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome Clyde, you will really enjoy the Ranger. Also, if the used Rangers in your area are priced like the ones in my area (NC), with the discounts and incentives you may be able to get a new one at the same price. They are crazy high around here. Good luck on your search.

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Welcome Clyde, you will really enjoy the Ranger. Also, if the used Rangers in your area are priced like the ones in my area (NC), with the discounts and incentives you may be able to get a new one at the same price. They are crazy high around here. Good luck on your search.
Very true, i was all set to order Ranger XL STX Scab, but end of the year $6100 rebates on XLTs made them cheaper than the XLs. Very happy with my XLT Scab 301A package for 2000 less than XL STX i was going to order.

OP
OP

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Welcome friend
You will soon see there are in fact two parties/factions here. No , not those political parties. This is the Pro Damper and Anti Damper groups.
The Damper, AKA Derailer- will derail almost every thread in this forum. You will be forced to choose a side, you will be held to the standard of said side. ?
Think I’ll remain neutral and just take the tailgate off. ☺ I’m actually just going to leave everything “as-is” for a couple of months before I make any decisions. A damper would be nice, but I’ve lived without dampers on my other two Rangers and managed to survive.
I have been looking about 3 months for the truck I want. Inventories for new trucks within 100 radius isn‘t very good with most dealers having 1-3 trucks. Used isn’t much better. I have come across 6-10trucks within a 500 mile radius and all are asking $36-40k for a fully loaded Lariat. 501A,
tow package, Sport Package, bedliner, running boards, FX4. Usually with a color that does not appeal to me.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Very true, i was all set to order Ranger XL STX Scab, but end of the year $6100 rebates on XLTs made them cheaper than the XLs. Very happy with my XLT Scab 301A package for 2000 less than XL STX i was going to order.
It is amazing. When I ordered my Ranger with all the money off it was cheaper than any used one I could find.

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Name's Clyde and I had an 83 and 98 Rangers (both 4x4 and bare bones models) and looking at a used 19 FX 4 via Carmax. I sold my 98 to buy a new 2017 Mustang GT. The GT was a blast to drive and I still enjoy it. It was my dream car since I first saw the 1964 1/2 model. But family and life always came first so I waited until I knew my family was secure before I got the car. However a truck is more practical and I will be getting rid of the GT in anticipation that the Ranger is in acceptable condition. Pic of my old 98 Ranger.

98 Ranger.jpg
My dad had owned a 93 Ford Ranger and had that sucker for almost 15 years, and the analog odometer went over the max...lol, finally got ride of it. Me my self owned few different trucks....first being a 1996 dodge dakota, then a 2001 Nissan Frontier then went back and bought a 2011 Dodge Dakota and it finally decided to retire itself(the repairs were just to expensive), so I decided to give the Ranger a try and I just purchased a 2020(manager's special with 2000 miles on it) Ranger XLT 4x2. So far I am loving it!

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome brother! Watch yer wallet, mods pop up all over the place!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi my name is Bo, retired pilot, just purchased a 2021 Ranger super crew 4X4. I am very happy with the Ranger!
HI Bo,

I hope your Ranger supports and makes you happy for many miles. It comes from a Heritage of Rangers starting in 1982½ that delivered a robust vehicle capable of many miles of service. I am proud to be part of this herritage for the last 5 years of my career, and I up held this heritage including the launch of the FX4 brand.

Best,
Phil

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Clyde, Welcome to this great forum and truck. Lots of good people on this forum. I am sure you will enjoy your Ranger once you find the one that strikes your fancy.
Sponsored