First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL FX4; 2018 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2.5" Rough Country level kit on with 33" tires (Toyo Open Country AT2 at 255/80 R17). Dealer installed and on the lot that way. Absolutely no issues with rubbing even on jeep trails. I would have chosen a Cooper ST Maxx in the same size for how/where I drive but the Toyo's were on and they are fine for now. Tires are E rated and heavy but I still get 23 mpg on the highway.

fullsizeoutput_96.jpeg
Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
I have a 2.5" Rough Country level kit on with 33" tires (Toyo Open Country AT2 at 255/80 R17). Dealer installed and on the lot that way. Absolutely no issues with rubbing even on jeep trails. I would have chosen a Cooper ST Maxx in the same size for how/where I drive but the Toyo's were on and they are fine for now. Tires are E rated and heavy but I still get 23 mpg on the highway.

fullsizeoutput_96.jpeg
Do you have a head-on view? I'd love to see the reveal of the 255s

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just a 2" leveling kit with the OEM 31's is pretty livable in my opinion. Definitely the cheaper of the 2 steps you are trying to convince yourself on. IF you have to satisfy the itch (which I can relate to), I would follow through with the leveling kit first. It will allow you to fit a larger tire, down the road, if you are wanting to progress further after leveling.

This is my truck with the OE 18" wheels and OE Hankook AT-M P265/60R18

That looks great! I think I'm going to go with the 3" level from Robby @Fordrangerlifts.com. I'm going to try and check out some tires tomorrow to compare the sizes. It's easier when you can visually compare them.

f6ctmzY.jpg
That looks great! I think you just made my decision for me. If it looks that good with the stock diameter I’ll just go with the 265/70R17 instead of 285/70R17.
Yup,I'm torn between the two but leaning more towards the 265's but who knows what'll happen once I see them. lol I'm definitely going to go with the Ridge Grapplers. They offer a good mix of on/off road and the KO2's I'm not sold on as I've heard a lot of negative things about them recently. Talked with two performance shops today and they had nothing good to say about them either. Getting closer...Thanks for everyone help/input!!

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase

fullsizeoutput_96.jpeg
So the 33' Toyos are a perfect fit? That's great news. Could you please share with us a few front and/or rear pics to see the stance and how that size tire sits in the wheel wells. Thanks a lot.

GSaff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL FX4; 2018 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
IMG_7376.JPG
So the 33' Toyos are a perfect fit? That's great news. Could you please share with us a few front and/or rear pics to see the stance and how that size tire sits in the wheel wells. Thanks a lot.
Here you go. Let me know if you need anything different. Full on side view in above post.
fullsizeoutput_99.jpeg
IMG_7372.JPG
View attachment 18239
fullsizeoutput_98.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Efrenm

First Name
Efren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2019
if your main concern in MPG over anything else. then go closer to stock specs. Do you really need bigger tires and a level? Or just want it cause it looks good? If you want middle grounds. instead of a 3" level kit. how about a 2" with stock or 275 tires? just about any AT tire will be fairly quiet on road as they all have fairly good reviews when it comes torward road noise. if you decide on 2.5 level i happen to have the 2.5" BDS kit FS since I decided not to use it.
I’m interested on the 2.5” BDS kit how much is it?

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the 265/70R/17's BFG KO2s almost from the beginning. No rubbing. I ran them for a year before adding the Ford Performance/Fox level kit. Raised just 1 - 3/4 inch. Like you, I will not do any hard bashing off road. All in all I am happy with the results. I have noticed the tires are a little slippery on wet pavement. Sport mode and right foot might be a factor.

level (10).jpg
Sponsored