16" tire selection madness for an indecisive owner

Which tire for my rig?

• Total voters

Mr. Yuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT FX4
After a lot of back and forth and then exploring some of the new suggestions I decided on the Pirelli's . They fit my budget which is a huge factor especial with a 5 tire purchase. I've run Scorpions on my dirtbikes which i know is a apples to bananas comparison but they were always my favorite tire so i figured they're worth a shot. UPS dropped em off yesterday and im drunk with the smell of new rubber and fresh tread depth, they look great IMO. I have an appointment to get them mounted and my Eibach installed this coming Wednesday. Thanks everyone for your thoughtful reply's and suggestions.
68C460E6-60F3-4B1A-8069-9255B8531498.jpeg

did you get them mounted yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
i did! im loving them so far. Good road manners, balanced out fine and have only got them off road twice on light trails but no problems hooking up.

img_1953-jpeg.jpg
img_1952-jpeg.jpg
img_1956-jpeg.jpg
img_1965-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
So what was the mpg hit with these? i'm assuming you got the non-LT?
I'm not sure, i didn't calibrate the speedo so I don't know how accurate it would be if I were to calculate it. But it didn't make a noticeable difference.

thorn726

First Name
thorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xl
nice to not be the only one who likes the steel rims. my lady keeps saying she wants to upgrade and i keep saying we can't afford it and also /why/ i like the look of these and i dont have to worry about scratching them. maybe i'll see you out there sometime.... mine is only 2wd but i do a lot of dirt roads with it/ getting closer to needing tires myself, this thread should be helpful although i am not/ sorry/ haha. thanks for the thread...
Sponsored