Sponsored

Help me pick out rims !

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Screenshot_20260417_093742_Chrome.webp

Screenshot_20260417_094000_Chrome.webp


The old school in me keeps going back to something like these...
Those M/Ts are giving off a real 70s muscle car or shaggin’ wagon vibe. 😎

The others seem well-suited for a truck.

Do they have them in all black? 😉
 
OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Those M/Ts are giving off a real 70s muscle car or shaggin’ wagon vibe. 😎

The others seem well-suited for a truck.

Do they have them in all black? 😉
Yeah , they come in black, but the silver is calling to me for some unknown reason... nostalgia most likely...
 
OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The only thing I'm almost sure of is i dont want some that are hard to clean, like any with beadlocks or hard to clean area's 😕... AND i don't really want to advertise for the wheel maker that stamps or carves their name in the rim...
 
OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Damn it !!! Every time I find a rim I like, it only comes in "0" offset, which i think will stick out too damn far ?
 


OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
So I stopped at a Discount Tire and according to his computer animation thingy, a "0" offset will be 1.62 " out further than im at now. That doesn't sound like a lot to me but is that fender flare territory?
 
OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Damn it !!! Im not sure the reason but all of the old school rims i had my heart set on only come in "0" offset and im getting dizzy from looking...
I would get the Roush right now but the color seems off for mine.
I guess I will go ahead and address the crash bars, damnit...
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Screenshot_20260430_203908_Chrome.webp

Found these at +20... kinda old school, maybe 🤔... never heard of the maker, at least they didn't stamp their name in it, i hate when they stamp their name in it ...
 

Msfitoy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sid
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Threads
67
Messages
9,234
Reaction score
28,614
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
NWO Robot Polisher
Vehicle Showcase
1
So I stopped at a Discount Tire and according to his computer animation thingy, a "0" offset will be 1.62 " out further than im at now. That doesn't sound like a lot to me but is that fender flare territory?
That's about the right amount of poke...the tread is narrower than the fat sidewalls...
 
OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Screenshot_20260430_203908_Chrome.webp

Found these at +20... kinda old school, maybe 🤔... never heard of the maker, at least they didn't stamp their name in it, i hate when they stamp their name in it ...
Well i have looked at every rim on the planet and these are the only ones that almost have the look im looking for that won't stick out too far... "0" offset seems to be where most old-school rims are at and thats fender flare territory, which i don't want... these only come in 17" though so I need to figure out what will fit 🤔 ( I plan on changing out the crash bars but doubt I would go big enough to hit the factory ones, I just don't like the design as well as the aftermarket ones)
 
OP
OP
NotBudule2

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,806
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I am giving up on rims... i just can't find any i like except "0" offsets, which i dont want. I guess I'll just cram the biggest 18's i can get in there on factory rims... probably drop to 255's ... i did NOT remove crash bars yet but I did loosen them and they moved back quite a bit . I have a local tire guy that is willing to mount different sizes untill we find what works best he says...
Sponsored

 
 








Top