Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger T6 (PhDm)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hey there!

I own a 2020 Ford Ranger XLS 4x4. It is the entry level 4x4 for the Ranger in the Philippine domestic market. I can say J am very pleased with the ranger's ride quality, towing capacity and of course the looks.

I have been scouring forums over the internet for resources (DIYs, manuals, user reviews/experiences) but sadly it has quite a limited following in the Philippines so I had to turn my head to foreign forums. I am also an active member of the premier auto forums in the Philippines.

Thank you for confirming my registration. I hope to be able to contribute in the forum boards and get to know amazing people here. Here is a pic of my ranger from (almost) bone stock to its current figure (still a work in progress ?). Last picture is taken just now while she's sitting with other cars from work.
IMG_20201013_074721.jpg
IMG_20201013_074611.jpg
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hey there!

I own a 2020 Ford Ranger XLS 4x4. It is the entry level 4x4 for the Ranger in the Philippine domestic market. I can say J am very pleased with the ranger's ride quality, towing capacity and of course the looks.

I have been scouring forums over the internet for resources (DIYs, manuals, user reviews/experiences) but sadly it has quite a limited following in the Philippines so I had to turn my head to foreign forums. I am also an active member of the premier auto forums in the Philippines.

Thank you for confirming my registration. I hope to be able to contribute in the forum boards and get to know amazing people here. Here is a pic of my ranger from (almost) bone stock to its current figure (still a work in progress ?). Last picture is taken just now while she's sitting with other cars from work.
IMG_20201013_074721.jpg
IMG_20201013_074611.jpg
Welcome!

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
Hey there!

IMG_20201013_074721.jpg
IMG_20201013_074611.jpg
Nice. Guard your wallet. :blush:
I noticed that other cars in the lot had their wipers up as well as yours.
Why is that?
Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Nice. Guard your wallet. :blush:
I noticed that other cars in the lot had their wipers up as well as yours.
Why is that?
Cheers!
Haha! I will. ?

It's to preserve the wiper rubber blades from extreme heat due to the tropical weather here in the Philippines. It gets brittle when its left down. ?

OP
OP
First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That would be "Thanks sis". :) Tracy is everyone's favorite sister on this forum.
Ooops my bad. I should've known! Im sorry Tracy ?

Welcome Bud.

Is that true story about wiper blades?
Yes i suppose it is, but it only makes sense in a tropical country. Because it's extremely hot here.

OP
OP
First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Welcome, I visited your country several times while I was working, selling equipment for the sugar industry. It was always a great place to visit, friendly people.
Steve W
Really! You happen to have gone to/know about Busco Sugar milling in Bukidnon? Its in the Island of Mindanao. It's just about 3 hour trip from my hometown.

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
Really! You happen to have gone to/know about Busco Sugar milling in Bukidnon? Its in the Island of Mindanao. It's just about 3 hour trip from my hometown.
I knew the company Busco, Bukidnon Sugar I don't recall if I visited there, My last trip to the Philippines was about 1997. I did go to Mindanao once, we had built some Pineapple boom sprayers for a Dole plantation in Polomolok, South Cotabato. I flew into General Santos, I believe we drove to the plantation. It has been a long time, the memory is blurred. I 'll see if I can find some of the pictures I took if so I'll let you know.
Steve W

OP
OP
First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I knew the company Busco, Bukidnon Sugar I don't recall if I visited there, My last trip to the Philippines was about 1997. I did go to Mindanao once, we had built some Pineapple boom sprayers for a Dole plantation in Polomolok, South Cotabato. I flew into General Santos, I believe we drove to the plantation. It has been a long time, the memory is blurred. I 'll see if I can find some of the pictures I took if so I'll let you know.
Steve W
Wow that's nice. Back in 1997 i think the roads are not yet good. Now the highway to bukidnon is better.

Dole and Delmonte (also in bukidnon) owns the biggest pineapple plantations here in the Philippines. I almost got a job in Delmonte as a design engineer but took a different better offer instead.

Let me know. If you by any chance come back here maybe i can show you around and have a drink or two. ?

Bobobots

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4, Oxford White
Yes i suppose it is, but it only makes sense in a tropical country. Because it's extremely hot here.
Oddly, the first time seeing wiper blades propped up was during winter in a parking lot of a popular Asian mall in Toronto, Ontario. The idea is to avoid having the wipers freeze to the windshield. After adopting this practice, I found it more efficient and easier to clean off ice/snow.

When trying to scrape the ice with the blades embedded, it feels as if I was damaging the rubber. I found my blades last longer and are less deformed over time when parked in sub zero temperatures by lifting them up.

OP
OP
First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Oddly, the first time seeing wiper blades propped up was during winter in a parking lot of a popular Asian mall in Toronto, Ontario. The idea is to avoid having the wipers freeze to the windshield. After adopting this practice, I found it more efficient and easier to clean off ice/snow.

When trying to scrape the ice with the blades embedded, it feels as if I was damaging the rubber. I found my blades last longer and are less deformed over time when parked in sub zero temperatures by lifting them up.
Our case here is just the opposite. I believe the rubber will deteriorate faster when it is in contact with the sun-exposed windshield for a longer time.
Sponsored