Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
I wear size 14 shoes and am wondering how the hell ya'll are putting your foot on the pedal.

I press with the ball of my foot, so that sits in the middle of the pedal, and my toe has inches of clearance.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
6'5" and size 14 shoes. No issues unless I'm wearing boots or waders. I also use the ball of my foot on the gas.

Tim Vogt Sr.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Sport, 2021 Lariat FX4
There must be inconsistencies in these trucks. No way someone with a size 14 shoe drives mine without hitting this duct.
I wear size 10 and bump it with my toe all the time.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
There must be inconsistencies in these trucks. No way someone with a size 14 shoe drives mine without hitting this duct.
I wear size 10 and bump it with my toe all the time.
It's due to the orientation of the driver right foot.

I use the toe end of my size 13 boot, heal on the floor, foot at 45 degree angle. The top portion of the gas pedal never even gets touched.

Tim Vogt Sr.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Sport, 2021 Lariat FX4
It's due to the orientation of the driver right foot.

I use the toe end of my size 13 boot, heal on the floor, foot at 45 degree angle. The top portion of the gas pedal never even gets touched.
I just went and checked and have to agree with you. The duct has plenty of clearance if I keep my heel on the floor. I am kicking it by lifting my foot to move it to the brake pedal.

OP
OP
Jake596

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Trimmed this past weekend with a dremmel and some snips, took about 10min, took an inch off the fixture, drove with boots, all is well in the world again. The duck thread can be put to rest and fly south for the winter....

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I wear a size 15 and never hit the duct until I read this thread. Definitely the positioning of the foot on the floor and peddle. If I have my heel closer to the peddle, I hit it but most of the time my heel rests further back.

OP
OP
Jake596

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
:lipssealed: Sorry to jinx ya ! Im sure my foot is sitting goofy, but its how I drive, never noticed but I do put my foot high on the pedal, wonder if its from my other vehicles that I drive or the seating position.....

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
:lipssealed: Sorry to jinx ya ! Im sure my foot is sitting goofy, but its how I drive, never noticed but I do put my foot high on the pedal, wonder if its from my other vehicles that I drive or the seating position.....
And darn if I didn't do it again today. In sneakers. :crackup: I'm probably use to keeping my foot low on the peddle from driving other cars and now that I can stretch out a little, I do. I'll have to test out that theory in the rest of the fleet.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I do have a clown costume with the shoes to go with it! :crazy:

tombdmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2x4
This may sound petty, but its driving me nuts, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. The drivers plastic vent duct that sits above the brake pedal is low and seems loose and thus when I wear anything bigger than tennis shoes my boot toe hits the plastic fixture, Im hoping to crawl under and get a good look at it soon.... Im not a tall fella either, 5'10" .... 6'0" when I was in High school :LOL:
Had the same problem during the test drive before purchase. Plastic vent kept getting the way of my foot and was loose. Asked the salesman to take a look and when we got the truck back, no more issue. Don't know if they just zip tied it up or ripped out and tossed it. Has not been an issue after 3 month after purchase and heat seems to work.

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
Driving me nuts too. I spent half an hour down there trying to tie it up higher but nothing worked. Now I want to remove it to trim it back in my shop. What is the wire all about that runs to the top side of the vent (out of view)? And what is the best way to remove the plastic bolt that holds the vent to the metal flange? Thanks, I don’t want to bust something, hard to see everything in that confined space.

(PS I looked all over down there and no sign of any ducks, phew)
Sponsored

Last edited: