Has anyone installed these performance chips if so results.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
If it sound's to good to be true....well you know.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I mean they are claiming you will gain about 130hp. So you will be at 400hp... I don’t think so lol

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Like others have said stay away! You're better off spending your money on a tune from a reputable tuner like Livernois or Unleashed. There's enough feedback here from all of us who have theirs tuned and how well they perform. Would you really want to trust that your engine isn't going to blow up with some cheap eBay tune? Heck it can happen even with good aftermarket mods if you've seen the "I think I threw a rod" thread but the jury is still out to what cause that one. I'd hate to see you posting something like this happened to yours 6 months down the road.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Like others have said stay away! You're better off spending your money on a tune from a reputable tuner like Livernois or Unleashed. There's enough feedback here from all of us who have theirs tuned and how well they perform. Would you really want to trust that your engine isn't going to blow up with some cheap eBay tune? Heck it can happen even with good aftermarket mods if you've seen the "I think I threw a rod" thread but the jury is still out to what cause that one. I'd hate to see you posting something like this happened to yours 6 months down the road.
Hey now calm down.. maybe it works.. someone’s gotta be the guinea pig!

sootie007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 LT 4 x 4
Occupation
Electronics
Vehicle Showcase
It claims it doesnt overwrite your map ...I like the fact that you apparently unplug it and you are back to 100% stock........its tweaking 3 things supposedly " ignition spark advance, air to fuel ratios and transmission shifting" .... at best I am thinking 2 hp lol ......maybe someone ought to give it a shot and report back on the results just out of curiosity.....its a $58 experiment in the end . I think its pretty wild it can change values on the fly for isa,a/f,trans shifting as I figured those were pulled from fixed table values. Can someone smarter explain how all that works from an obd connection ? Why dont we all chip in $5 for the OP to buy one and report back ;) ....this one very interesting on a Mustang

J

Last edited:

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
You can not "chip" a modern vehicle. Tunes must be written or flashed onto the vehicles PCM. This thing wont do anything.

OP
OP
Ranger2021

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
I bought a Hyperchip in the late 90's for my old Chevy Z1 PU but did not notice any difference.

I was just wondering if anyone tried these.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You gotta admit, <$60 is not too much to pay for a combination engine destroyer/warranty voider.

Results:

Wallet = $60 lighter.

Ranger = Funny noise so take it to dealer.

Dealer = You have an engine problem

You = But it's covered by warranty, right?

Dealer and Ford =

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

OP
OP
Ranger2021

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
The only complaint I have about drivability is engine lugging because the trans goes to too high of gear. Plus like a lot of people on here stated sport mode is overkill for normal driving. I find myself using the manual + - buttons.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The only complaint I have about drivability is engine lugging because the trans goes to too high of gear. Plus like a lot of people on here stated sport mode is overkill for normal driving. I find myself using the manual + - buttons.
The Livernois & Unleashed tunes will take care of the lugging. Someone recently just had Torrie (Unleashed) redo their tune and IIRC it took away the lugging in the top gears.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee