Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,
I’ve been kicking around the idea of mounting my Kenwood TS-480SAT in my truck seeing as though it’s just sitting in my closet collecting dust. I currently live in An apartment and have no good means of operating a home station.

where would Be the best place to locate the main body of the radio? I’ve thought about under the driver seat or passenger seat, but I’m worried about it sliding around.

thoughts?
Sponsored

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Not sure where to mount it.. Its a small cabin.

I have mounted several cb's in various trucks. For the antenna cable - every truck (including the ranger) has rubber grommits in the floor boards that can be used to send cable through. I have some cables going through the one under the carpet on the driver side floor board for some exterior lighting.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Few threads on this subject I believe.
I just earned general and like you live in an apt. So no real way to set up a shack
I plan to focus on HF myself. I do have a Yaesu HT FT5D, I bought last year and still have yet to use it!

OP
OP
ClamCakes

ClamCakes

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I use the FT in my truck now for 2m!

Not sure where to mount it.. Its a small cabin.

I have mounted several cb's in various trucks. For the antenna cable - every truck (including the ranger) has rubber grommits in the floor boards that can be used to send cable through. I have some cables going through the one under the carpet on the driver side floor board for some exterior lighting.
I was thinking also of getting just a dedicated 10m/11m radio, as 10m is mostly what I’d be focusing on anyway. Have you mounted one in this truck ?

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I use the FT in my truck now for 2m!

I was thinking also of getting just a dedicated 10m/11m radio, as 10m is mostly what I’d be focusing on anyway. Have you mounted one in this truck ?
No, I have not. I considered it. Options would be vertically on the side of the center stack (on the passenger side), and on the coin tray... Attached is one I did on a chevy vertically on the center stack.

cb4.jpg

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have my GMRS under the passenger's seat. Have no issues with sliding or moving. When I get my HAM installed it will probably go under the driver's seat.
Sponsored