First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
200 rounds of cobwebbed mystery ammo with no malfunctions, had to shut down because I accidentally ran the tractor through my shed and had that headache to deal with.
You can’t go tempting the gods with 200rds through a throw away pistol……they will punish you with a silly accident.

next time, just shoot a “stendo” mag full and call it a day

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
You can’t go tempting the gods with 200rds through a throw away pistol……they will punish you with a silly accident.

as ugly as they are the hi points seem very tough

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
as ugly as they are the hi points seem very tough
Agreed. I thought for sure some of my Halloween decorated ammo would jam it up, but it took it like a trooper.

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation

Regrettably, the stendo mag costs about 4x what the gun is worth :LOL:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
200 rounds of cobwebbed mystery ammo with no malfunctions, had to shut down because I accidentally ran the tractor through my shed and had that headache to deal with.
Wait a minute. How exactly does one "accidentally" drive a tractor through a shed?😁

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Wait a minute. How exactly does one "accidentally" drive a tractor through a shed?😁
Here are my top 3 guesses:

1: He was trying to do a redneck drive-by with his yeet cannon on the tractor and lost track of how fast he'd traveled at a whopping 6mph.

2: He allowed an "instagram influencer" drive the tractor to look country.

3: Whiskey, tho beer is possible too.

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
I was mowing with my antique tractor, I forgot that it doesn't have live pto and the momentum from the brush hog sent me straight into it.

A potato picture for reference
20231028_131719.jpg

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Rest in peace shed....you weren't the biggest shed, but you were useful.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I was mowing with my antique tractor, I forgot that it doesn't have live pto and the momentum from the brush hog sent me straight into it.

A potato picture for reference
20231028_131719.jpg
Damn I thought you just bumped it or something, not went full Dukes of Hazzard.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure this falls into the "Shit Happens" category.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been working on another red-headed stepchild gun project - a Rohm RG-31 in .38SP. From what I've read, the RG revolvers and pistols started as total crap, and that reputation hurt the company so much that when they started making good(ish) firearms, no one bought them. I believe that the RG-31 may have been one of the revolvers made after stuff finally got sorted out in Miami (where they had moved production to after the Saturday Night Special laws took effect).

It's frame is still made out of Zamak "pot metal", but it seems like a solid little gun. It came to me in fully functional condition but very dirty with a very worn finish. So far, I've broken the revolver down completely, cleaned all of the parts in the ultrasonic cleaner, and refinished the frame and most of the small parts. I used Alumablack, as the Zamak has a high enough aluminum content to take the blackening agent well. I'm waiting on a replacement barrel, as I buggered up the one that was in the gun when I disassembled it, and I need to re-blue the cylinder.

I also lost a spring during reassembly - that sucked! To make the minimum order value on the $8 spring, I had to order a set of replacement grips (not a bad thing). It turned out to be a $32 spring in the end. Also, the replacement barrel I ordered came in squished (with an oval bore) and mistimed (the barrel shroud was twisted over so the front sight would not have indexed with the rear sight by 90°). The vendor I ordered that from is AWESOME and is getting a replacement out to me already.

Here is what I started with:
2023-10-24 09.37.56.jpg

It was DEEPLY dirty!
2023-10-26 20.33.48.jpg

Here is the frame after a deep cleaning and touched up with Alumablack.
2023-10-27 19.28.03.jpg

Small parts after sonic cleaning in a solution of water, Dawn dish soap, and white vinegar.
2023-10-29 15.04.11.jpg

Small parts all oiled up:
2023-10-29 15.30.43.jpg

Here is where I'm at. I loosely installed the cylinder and the crane only so I could store the RG-31 without all of the parts knocking into each other in the box.
2023-11-01 17.23.39.jpg

2023-11-01 17.24.01.jpg

Once I get the barrel in, I will take the time to re-blue the cylinder and screws. Then I'll get it all put together.

The one big sucky thing about this .38SP revolver is that reloading it requires unscrewing the cylinder pin and removing it, totally.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Alrighty. You guys want a chance to laugh at me?
Long story short, my boss wanted something for beginners to see how to use stripper clips. Back in my LE training days, I would get frustrated when we had Lake City 5.56 on the range, and our students would take the rounds off the clips and load them into the mags manually. 🤣

So I wrote a quick article AND starred in this horrible video. I have a face for radio!
(And a voice for the printed word! LOL)
https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/blog/how-to-load-ar15-magazines-with-stripper-clips-guide