First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
IIRC we were ranked the #1 gun friendly state last year. Now all you see here are license plates from WA and CA everywhere. I would say more than half of my customers are from these two states. I had to get off nextdoor.com because it's disgusting how many people are bragging how they are going to flip AZ blue! :angry: I guess they didn't learn their lesson from the place they're escaping from.:headbang:

I hate the cold weather so Alaska is out and so is Oklahoma. I guess AR might be the only good place but for how long? Yes it's sad and very scary the direction things are going.
I could not take the weather in Oklahoma so Arkansas would be a no go for me. That humidity is for the birds.
Conservatives need to make a stand. It’s too late for California but Arizona can be saved if we don’t let it go too far.
I spend a fair amount of time in Arizona and love it. We have seriously considered moving to the country in Arizona. The Salome/Wenden area. I would not move to the city. We live in what passes for “the country” here in South Kalifornikstan.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I could not take the weather in Oklahoma so Arkansas would be a no go for me. That humidity is for the birds.
Conservatives need to make a stand. It’s too late for California but Arizona can be saved if we don’t let it go too far.
I spend a fair amount of time in Arizona and love it. We have seriously considered moving to the country in Arizona. The Salome/Wenden area. I would not move to the city. We live in what passes for “the country” here in South Kalifornikstan.
I agree but they're all moving here. Hmmm maybe I should move there.lol. That's my problem too,I hate humidity! It's really not bad here when it's dry but this is our "monsoon season" so the humidity and dew points rise but not like east coast humidity. I just don't think I could go back to it after living here now but I might have to if it gets crazy here.

I really loved living in the country. When I lived back in MA I built my 2 houses out in the country and LOVED living there. My last one was on 3 acres and the house was set in the middle with about 250' of driveway. At the time there was only a little over 8000 people in that town but everyone was super friendly (yes in MA lol). The main drawback was all the good stores are far away and after doing that for 20 years I wanted to live in a community with everything close by.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I agree but they're all moving here. Hmmm maybe I should move there.lol. That's my problem too,I hate humidity! It's really not bad here when it's dry but this is our "monsoon season" so the humidity and dew points rise but not like east coast humidity. I just don't think I could go back to it after living here now but I might have to if it gets crazy here.

I really loved living in the country. When I lived back in MA I built my 2 houses out in the country and LOVED living there. My last one was on 3 acres and the house was set in the middle with about 250' of driveway. At the time there was only a little over 8000 people in that town but everyone was super friendly (yes in MA lol). The main drawback was all the good stores are far away and after doing that for 20 years I wanted to live in a community with everything close by.
In Oklahoma we had 7 1/2 acres. House right in the middle with 350 feet of driveway. I LOVED it! The nearest town was 7 miles away, named Spiro and had a population of 2600 iirc. Had a little grocery store, a couple of bars, a laundromat/gun store, and a post office. Just could not live with the weather. I sometimes look back and think I gave up to soon. But that is water under the bridge.
We would already be in Arizona if my wife's health was better. She is disabled and has other health issues. We need to be fairly close to good medical care. Thankfully for an old guy that led a crazy lifestyle for many years my health is pretty decent. (I was a professional musician in rock and metal bands for decades).
The valley we live in now has two towns next to each other with a total population of around 60,000. So all of the amenities are available. We live as far out of town as you can get before leaving the valley. The senior community we live in is gated and has pools and spas, clubhouses, etc. We have been here for 5 years.
We all know how this State is for firearm enthusiasts. Fortunately I have had most of my collection for years and reload for all of the calibers I own. I hear getting ammo is a challenge. Nothing on the shelves and no mail order is allowed. I have been stocking up on components for years and will not outlive my supply, fortunately.
Sorry for writing a book here.........

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
In Oklahoma we had 7 1/2 acres. House right in the middle with 350 feet of driveway. I LOVED it! The nearest town was 7 miles away, named Spiro and had a population of 2600 iirc. Had a little grocery store, a couple of bars, a laundromat/gun store, and a post office. Just could not live with the weather. I sometimes look back and think I gave up to soon. But that is water under the bridge.
We would already be in Arizona if my wife's health was better. She is disabled and has other health issues. We need to be fairly close to good medical care. Thankfully for an old guy that led a crazy lifestyle for many years my health is pretty decent. (I was a professional musician in rock and metal bands for decades).
The valley we live in now has two towns next to each other with a total population of around 60,000. So all of the amenities are available. We live as far out of town as you can get before leaving the valley. The senior community we live in is gated and has pools and spas, clubhouses, etc. We have been here for 5 years.
We all know how this State is for firearm enthusiasts. Fortunately I have had most of my collection for years and reload for all of the calibers I own. I hear getting ammo is a challenge. Nothing on the shelves and no mail order is allowed. I have been stocking up on components for years and will not outlive my supply, fortunately.
Sorry for writing a book here.........
No apologies necessary I like the story and can get a little long with my post at times. :) Sorry to hear about your wife and that's one of the biggest drawbacks living out in the country as we age. Like you I'm still very healthy and have done my share when younger to abuse my body (and mind)?.

Lets all hope things go well in November and the world can settle down some but somehow I don't see this happening no matter who wins. For now I'm trying to take it day by day and pray for the best but preparing for the worst. But by the looks of what's going on I don't think any of us can fully prepare for this stuff.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bryan, I have the OWB Cloak Belt holster for my Shield right now and really like it. It's the most concealable OWB they sell. It's really comfortable to carry and has a sweat shield which is needed here. You can also adjust the retention on it which is nice. I've never been able to get comfortable with IWB holsters. I ordered the same one for my Sig P365 xl because I know once I get enough rounds through it I'll end up carrying that one too. At this rate I'll probably have enough rounds through it before it even gets here. lol

https://aliengearholsters.com

https://aliengearholsters.com/belt-holster.html
Thanks, Dave. I've been looking at the ShapShift core pack, and was worried about the backorder/wait time you mentioned. However, I'm going to wait and see if they develop it for the Glock 30s (got on a wait list for it if they decide to devel) - I'm swapping out my 30sf slide with my 36 slide to create hybrid-30s for a better CCW.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks, Dave. I've been looking at the ShapShift core pack, and was worried about the backorder/wait time you mentioned. However, I'm going to wait and see if they develop it for the Glock 30s (got on a wait list for it if they decide to devel) - I'm swapping out my 30sf slide with my 36 slide to create hybrid-30s for a better CCW.
Anytime Bryan. I was well aware of their delays from reading other peoples post on another gun forum but they are worth the wait. I know someone who has the Shapeshift Core Pack and likes it a lot. It gives you several different options for carrying IWB/OWB and the paddle holster which is kind of nice. I almost bought this one but I really don't like IWB.

Another good thing is you can just order the holster shell for any other gun and change it out with just a few screws. So you could get on the wait list now for your carry gun and just buy another shell later,I think they're on $16.00. I used some blue locktite on the screws that hols the holster to the base. Last thing you need is the shell coming off while you're out.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Anytime Bryan. I was well aware of their delays from reading other peoples post on another gun forum but they are worth the wait. I know someone who has the Shapeshift Core Pack and likes it a lot. It gives you several different options for carrying IWB/OWB and the paddle holster which is kind of nice. I almost bought this one but I really don't like IWB.

Another good thing is you can just order the holster shell for any other gun and change it out with just a few screws. So you could get on the wait list now for your carry gun and just buy another shell later,I think they're on $16.00. I used some blue locktite on the screws that hols the holster to the base. Last thing you need is the shell coming off while you're out.
Yah, I really like the options with that core pack, especially getting additional shells and expansion packs. I primarily carry IWB, but like the option of OWB in the winter or when I go out the hills to shoot. We're legal to open carry here, but it's like being a leper, so concealed it is.

I've considered just getting the core pack for the 30sf and see how it fits with the slimmer G36 slide; may not even need another shell for it. Decisions, decisions.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nothing that we don't already know but it looks like there's no slow down in sight. 9mm ammo is now at the price .223 was before this mess started @ 0.34/round! :surprised:

Sales haven’t slowed, either. The National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers reported that ammunition sales doubled in one week during March—going from $9.9 million to $18.6 million. The industry is working tirelessly to meet the demand.
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2020/7/20/news-skyrocketing-ammunition-demand/

On another note.....I received an email this morning that a CZ Scorpion was back in stock for $949.99. When I checked they were already sold out 1 hour after receiving the email. :shock: Crazy times and even crazier prices and people are still scooping them up as fast as they come out. I bought mine for $780.00 last March and even that was a little high (about $50.00) but I was sick of waiting and wanted one after shooting a friends.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Ok all you gun builders.....I am expecting my upper kit any day now. After watching videos and reading up on how to do it, do I need a Go - No Go guage set to check headspace? Or do I just need a Go gauge? Or do I not need to worry about it?

A good friend of mine stopped by Saturday to show off his new scope....Here
That is an awesome scope but waaaaay too much stuff on it for me. I will be able to play with it when we go shooting. He also just had to show me his new Henry .44 rifle. :crackup:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Ok all you gun builders.....I am expecting my upper kit any day now. After watching videos and reading up on how to do it, do I need a Go - No Go guage set to check headspace? Or do I just need a Go gauge? Or do I not need to worry about it?

A good friend of mine stopped by Saturday to show off his new scope....Here
That is an awesome scope but waaaaay too much stuff on it for me. I will be able to play with it when we go shooting. He also just had to show me his new Henry .44 rifle. :crackup:
@Snorebaby For an AR, you shouldn't need to check the headspace since they are all built with certain tolerances that are standard and followed by all mfg's. You get what you pay for, so make sure you're using good quality parts.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My 9mm AR's take Glock style mags and I have several ETS ones that are 31 rounds. I wanted some smaller ones so when I'm using my pistol AR's it's not so heavy (especially the 4" barrel one) and found these Amend2/15 rounders for $9.85/each. I got 5 of them in today and they feed and drop nice out of all mine so if it ever cools down some here I will get out and test these. They have great reviews and are lifetime guaranteed and 1/2 the price of OEM Glock mags.

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=49096

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ok this is getting downright stupid! Just got an email from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore for Tula steel case .223 in stock. Check out the price :surprised: and just for fun I did a mock check out and at that price I think I'd just sell everything I own! lol

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it is time for me to learn how to reload! It is just plain stupid.

And to top it all off...the post office has had my upper for a week now! The wife went down there and they are claiming they are short handed and Covid is causing the delay. I am so sick and tired of all the bullshit Covid excuses. Just another way for the liberals to make our lives miserable.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like it is time for me to learn how to reload! It is just plain stupid.

And to top it all off...the post office has had my upper for a week now! The wife went down there and they are claiming they are short handed and Covid is causing the delay. I am so sick and tired of all the bullshit Covid excuses. Just another way for the liberals to make our lives miserable.
I know every time somethings late or delayed it's always a Covid issue. While I'm sure some instances are true it's just the new standard now. Why couldn't they just give it to your wife while she was there? Oh,that's right that would've been to easy! Hopefully you get it soon.

Btw from what I have heard trying to get reloading components are just as hard/scarce as ammo right now.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife went to our local post office. They said it is still at the distribution center downtown even though they couldn't find it with the tracking #. If there isn't a change by Monday, we are going downtown and try to get it from there. It arrived there 12:31am 7/24 and has been "In Transit, Arriving Late" since Monday.:curse: