First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Well, I retired yesterday. And I was presented with my last duty sidearm. They did an awesome job on the presentation (case and engraving). I will cherish this thing!
2022-02-18 14.07.54-1.jpg
Congrats!
Love the quotes!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i may have asked this before but does it seem like the newer glocks do not have the same finish of older generations? it seems like they dont have as dark or slick finish on the slides etc. the newer ones seem to get scratches and show wear faster. I think they called it tennifer or something like that.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
i may have asked this before but does it seem like the newer glocks do not have the same finish of older generations? it seems like they dont have as dark or slick finish on the slides etc. the newer ones seem to get scratches and show wear faster. I think they called it tennifer or something like that.
If I remember correctly, they did change the finishing process. I actually lived down the street from Glock until Tuesday of this week and used to have to go there for work all the time.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
What is the general consensus on best CLP brand and 9mm ammo?

Reactions: Doc

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
What is the general consensus on best CLP brand and 9mm ammo?
CLP’s are all going to be decent across most temperature ranges with the exception of FrogLube that gets gummy in colder temps. I prefer LucasOil or RandCLP.

The best current 9mm ammo is known as “available”…..with current times, being picky is a major luxury. If you somehow have access, Hornady XTP is great carry ammo and Precision Delta 124gr JHP ammo is good for both practice and carry ammo.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
CLP’s are all going to be decent across most temperature ranges with the exception of FrogLube that gets gummy in colder temps. I prefer LucasOil or RandCLP.

The best current 9mm ammo is known as “available”…..with current times, being picky is a major luxury. If you somehow have access, Hornady XTP is great carry ammo and Precision Delta 124gr JHP ammo is good for both practice and carry ammo.
Thanks much. That’s more or less what I gathered, and your input is greatly appreciated.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

sad but true on the available. in my area its still fairly empty shelves and what is present is way more than it should be...

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The best current 9mm ammo is known as “available”
That was my thought as well. In the last few months it's been fairly available in no name stuff for around $20 a box. I still have boxes I've saved to put bulk ammo in that have price stickers on them for $5.99. .380 is like chasing a unicorn. Glad I sold mine an got a micro 9 style to replace it.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
That was my thought as well. In the last few months it's been fairly available in no name stuff for around $20 a box. I still have boxes I've saved to put bulk ammo in that have price stickers on them for $5.99. .380 is like chasing a unicorn. Glad I sold mine an got a micro 9 style to replace it.
If you don't mind my asking, which micro 9 did you settle on?

Reactions: Doc

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you don't mind my asking, which micro 9 did you settle on?
I went with the Sig P938. It's very similar in size to the Kimber Micro 9. You can even use the same mags in each model. The micro 9 wasn't out when I got the Sig or I might have gone with the Kimber since they're both around $700. The Kimber is prettier LOL. I'm not a glock fan but the 48 is a similar size too. You can get a 10 round micro glock, Sig's mags are 7 an Kimber offers 8 round mags. The Sig an Kimber are hammer fired which I prefer for carry. I chamber a round an drop the hammer. A quick flick of the thumb an it's ready to fire.