Great article on EV’s- long but sobering

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well the article scores another article, so I will score the scorer's article a big X as it also full of misrepresentations and false assumptions - I only made it maybe halfway. if nothing else a fine example of tit for tat journalism . Forgot to play "watching the detectives" while reading it.

Last edited:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I think EV's will have a place in the future of transportation, just not for long haul or the trucking industry. Both local POV and delivery use, where the vehicle can be charged either at home or in the shop/depot with be fine. But OTR trucking and road trips will require another solution, Hydrogen Fuel cell or some other persistent power source, but I do agree that ICE powered vehicles must go at some point soon, before we run out of oil, and yes, that is some ways down the road. But it doesn't help to push our issues off on to our kids. At the current rate of consumption it is estimated we have 47 years until the wells stop pumping, unless we can find a lot more.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
but that's not CNN is telling me. this "article" is fake news /sarcasm
The question I would raise is how sober was the author when he wrote the article, can't wait till FOX News gets their hands on this one.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Back in the 60’s nuclear was the solution to “unlimited” power generation. Well decades later we know that isn’t true no matter how much money we threw at it. Then came all the other alternative ideas. With each came there’s money to be made here! Reality is there is no energy production that is net positive. Even in its infancy fusion seems promising but more needs to be done. Until we arrive at that net positive goal they’re just trying to sell you a bridge, on an extended payment plan!

OP
OP
dano42

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
It’s sad how people can’t keep an open mind on things. The head of Toyota even said that EV’s only are not the answer, and they are working on hydrogen power and other sources. Understand that EV’s need large amounts of resources to produce, and an external power source- just like ICE’s. And when and if we switch to electric, where do you suppose the oil companies are going to sell their product? To countries that can’t afford EV’s, and there’s plenty of them. I am not averse to electric cars, and I believe that EV’s can be part of the solution, but just not THE solution.
Sponsored