Got into truck, insert key and nothing...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped for a take out. I left the truck unlocked as it was a few feet from the entrance. Picked up my stuff, jumped in, insert key, turn...nothing! Tried turning on lights, nothing. Hit the lock button, nothing! Finally, I used Ford Pass to remote start the Ranger and that worked. Everything came back to normal but WTF?! Anyone experienced this phenomena?
Sponsored

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
I have, only on a couple of occasions, had nothing happen when I tried to start the truck, but it was only a "momentary delay", like it had to think about what I just requested! Other "software" related issues are at this link--- https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/software-issues-on-sync.184129/

Take a look at this "no start: issue, here on Ranger 5G--it looks like a "software update" fixed this members issue-perhaps, with all this software controlling the trucks actions/responses, you might benefit from the latest update, from Fords data base/dealers IDS diagnostic computer.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/start-problem-on-2019-lariat.5809/

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have, only on a couple of occasions, had nothing happen when I tried to start the truck, but it was only a "momentary delay", like it had to think about what I just requested! Other "software" related issues are at this link--- https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/software-issues-on-sync.184129/

Take a look at this "no start: issue, here on Ranger 5G--it looks like a "software update" fixed this members issue-perhaps, with all this software controlling the trucks actions/responses, you might benefit from the latest update, from Fords data base/dealers IDS diagnostic computer.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/start-problem-on-2019-lariat.5809/
Thanks for the link. Mine was unusual in that not only did the key had no effect but it behaved like there was no battery in the truck. Normally, key or no key the headlight, door locks and horn would operate...this is strange...:crazy:

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the link. Mine was unusual in that not only did the key had no effect but it behaved like there was no battery in the truck. Normally, key or no key the headlight, door locks and horn would operate...this is strange...:crazy:
Yes/Agreed!!! I love the truck, but it HAS to start/run, get me and my family to where we need to go. All this "software", takes the place of what use to be relays, and hard wired functions--ie: you turn the key, switch was wired Directly, to the starter solenoid, traveling thru a safety switch/neutral switch--Now, no more-- software "wakes up" the computers from Sleep modes, and routes commands/instructions to other computers, thru the Network (of which there at least, 3--low, medium, high speed CAN) Visit Ford, and talk to the people--pull/check codes, take any update you can get!! Five years ago, I had 5.0 ltr F250's coming in, with ck eng lite on, and codes in memory for EVERY cylinder misfiring!! I mean, what the heck!! Other than running out of gas, how does that happen, on a brand new truck?? I would install updates/new latest greatest software, even when Ford wouldn't pay for it. They often wouldn't pay for the procedure, unless there was a TSB out for the issue, but problem with that, is they have to have "occurances", to create fixes/TSB's!:p
Sponsored