First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
I didn't buy the Ranger for fuel economy, but some of you are getting way better MPG's than me! :)

This thread has pretty much become the equivalent to a crash site. I want to look away, but just can't.
Sponsored

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
surely you are not begruding the $9b in profits registerd by Shell in Q1, followed by q2 of $11.5B, tougher times expected for Q3 as profits only projected to be $10B . Evidently not everyone is suffering from the higher cost of energy in the EU. Similar record profits for US oil companies, but gas prices much lower here.
Unfortunately, I have also noticed all of this. And I still can't believe it. And I won't either if I live to be a hundred years old. This system is so outdated and needs to be hemmed in so much that the bosses are scared shitlessā€¦
This is a deepl translation ā€šcause itā€˜s late and iā€˜m sleepy. Cheers with beers!

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Hmm your post reminded me of this.
The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991,it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.
Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.
If we really wanna fight climate change we should be putting big hats on all these dirty volcanoes! (Read in AOCs voice)

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
So cool! I rented one for a week and loved it. It accelerates and handles like a freaking super sport sedan.

But the "Autopilot" is definitely not as good as in the Lariat. It was even dangerous putting on the brakes twice on the highway. I spoke with a Tesla owner who confims the problem called "ghost braking".

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

If we really wanna fight climate change we should be putting big hats on all these dirty volcanoes! (Read in AOCs voice)
Well that sounds good in theory but I heard a rumor that all of those failed and worn out lith-ion batteries were going to be disposed there - returned to mother earth, ashes to ashes sort of thing. And I'm sure some folks would like to see EVs and their owners also dropped down the cone. Out of sight out of mind. A completely practical eco friendly solution.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
IIRC a mod did say that it was response to complaints from other forum users, in the interest of fairness I think all complaints and the complainer's identity should be public, otherwise how would I know I'm prudently spending time here if I'm not drawing any complaints.
To answer one of your questions

The Shadow Knows

All I can say is after Dancing Banana Boy got banned, it was a wake call for me to not get roped into engagement with a few of the Keyboard Warriors/ Rain Barrel Charlieā€™s on this forum. Iā€™m very to close to start using the IGNORE function on a few more to protect myself.

spiff

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat

Lets assume for the same of argument we dont know that Prof Plimer is one of a tiny number of scientists who believe climate change is not real, and let's assume the statement about the volcanic emissions are true. Where the commentator fails is he extrapolates those singular occurrences as something that happens all the time. Very easy for people to fall into those kinds of logic errors, whether intentionally or unknowingly.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Lets assume for the same of argument we dont know that Prof Plimer is one of a tiny number of scientists who believe climate change is not real, and let's assume the statement about the volcanic emissions are true. Where the commentator fails is he extrapolates those singular occurrences as something that happens all the time. Very easy for people to fall into those kinds of logic errors, whether intentionally or unknowingly.
My point in regards to the star trek post was you can spend your whole life making these minuscule changes and the Earth itself will reign ash on your parade.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
To answer one of your questions

The Shadow Knows

All I can say is after Dancing Banana Boy got banned, it was a wake call for me to not get roped into engagement with a few of the Keyboard Warriors/ Rain Barrel Charlieā€™s on this forum. Iā€™m very to close to start using the IGNORE function on a few more to protect myself.
I don't 'ignore' or avoid anyone. Everyone participating is 'fair game'. If we can't be 'adult men' then why participate?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Iā€™m guessing many of you havenā€™t heard of the new problem in Florida since the hurricane. It seems many of the electric cars there that got somewhat flooded are now spontaneously catching on fire. Seems many of the local FDā€™s are not equipped properly to extinguish these battery bombs. Go green and watch the burn ?

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Well that sounds good in theory but I heard a rumor that all of those failed and worn out lith-ion batteries were going to be disposed there - returned to mother earth, ashes to ashes sort of thing. And I'm sure some folks would like to see EVs and their owners also dropped down the cone. Out of sight out of mind. A completely practical eco friendly solution.
Nope. Not all EV's and their owners. Only the Prius owners running 55mph in the left lane. Those? I'd personally drop those into a volcano.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Holy hell, nothing gets you boomers fired up like a good ol' Tesla post.

I love me a good "well I know a guy who had" or "I heard about this one guy" post in an EV thread.
This boomer has zero issues with EV's. Well, other than tesla. :puke: What I have issues with is the fact that the grid in North America is absolutely not in any condition to support a major EV push. We have a whole lot of electrical upgrading to do before everyone can jump on that bandwagon. But no doubt, EV's are the future IMHO.

Now personally, EV's in my personal future? Not a f***ing chance in hell. Less than zero interest. Call it boomer if you want. I like ICE!
Sponsored