Goodbye Ranger

CycloneCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Storm Photographer / Volunteer EMS
Posted a while ago about my abysmal gas mileage. With registration due this last month I shopped the truck around. Good enough numbers came in that I let it go. Sold my 2021 XLT 301a with 9k miles for $36,500 to a local dealer.

Decided to go a complete extreme from the truck and reserved a Tesla CPO Model 3 that I'll (hopefully) pick up later this week.
This is a joke right?

Before anyone buys an electric vehicle, make 100% sure to research the actual mileage you get. My wife had an upper end Tessla with the "longer-rage battery package," and the actual mileage was about 25-50% less than advertised. In the Arizona heat, with a slight headwind and/or slightly upwards grade, the mileage was a joke. The charging time in the heat was crazy and the car ran all the time to cool the batteries, draining the charge, even when the car was parked in our garage.

I believe the Gov. is allowing electric car manufactures to post inaccurate mileage data.

Meanwhile, the US only puts out a bout 15% of green gases (EPA), while China and other's do the rest. Nothing we do here matters. Harsh reality.
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I once stayed at a eco tourism lodge in the amazon rainforest, looks like Hyundai is upping the ante and people can stay at an " ECO EV lodge" Now that's pushing the envelop and sure to win over the EV skeptics regards practicality of EVs.

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ail&utm_term=0_7e18d5fd93-87f3009599-54846000

And to the prior post - the US has 5% of the world's pop, but at one time I saw was emitting 28% of ww carbon, that was 4 yrs back and I believe we have reduced co2 from those levels.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I'm taking a big risk here posting a link from an insider EV site, but with Damper Dave on a possible self imposed hiatus I feel my risk of a Ranger Pride event is minor.
I think keyboard warrior syndrome is what ultimately did in Dancing Banana Boy ?

Deleted member 15965

When I first got mine I was in the 18’s driving it like my old 3.0 Ranger. Your driving approach is different if you want higher mileage. Once I figured it out I’m averaging 21.5 mpg now. What kills mileage in these trucks is lugging and then adding more gas to get it to downshift. Once you start locking out gears and when lugging manually shift down you’ll see a big difference from a different approach
That makes sense, recently i tried sport mode over my commute which can change a bit here and there and noticed sometimes can can better mileage in sport even though it sits at higher rpm and a lower gear it's not going up into like 8th gear at 60km/h (sorry Canadian) and having to either sharply hit the pedal to downshift etc or keep slowly mashing until it decides to downshift, they need to change it it's too aggressive it's like it's treating every situation like you're going to be coasting on flat ground like a highway for long periods,,, I'd love a new tune for drive that's somewhere between Sport and drive are currently,, id also like the Ford tune with that touchscreen and another 30k in upgrades though

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the Gov. is allowing electric car manufactures to post inaccurate mileage data.
That same allegation has in the past and even on this board been levied on ICE vehicles - in a few cases it turned out to be true - I think a Ford model was one that had to be restated, Hyundai was caught hands down falsifying mpg and paid a $1b fine. The test methods for ICEs were refined over the yrs in the interest of greater accuracy but as with EVs the EPA clearly states the nos are only estimates and to be used for comparison purposes. However I have recently been reading road test reports on EVs and in most cases they do produce the EPA range, some under but some over, but just as like ICE individual results are impacted by a number of variables.

I tend to be skeptical when it pertains to a lot of the gov conspiracy theories and there are no shortage of them these days.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ë‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
LNG has not taken off because the people pushing green energy do not consider natural gas as green. Yes, you and I know it is much cleaner than gasoline or diesel fuel, but "they" consider LNG as petroleum and as such "it is bad"
ACK! But don't rejoice too soon. We have diesel here for 2.07€ petrol for 1.95€ and Lng for 1.75€ a litre/kg.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
36.5k is pretty good on trade in, i first got offered that on my xlt tremor, but managed to squeeze a few more grand to finalize the deal.
Although it had nearly 20k.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
That same allegation has in the past and even on this board been levied on ICE vehicles - in a few cases it turned out to be true - I think a Ford model was one that had to be restated, Hyundai was caught hands down falsifying mpg and paid a $1b fine. The test methods for ICEs were refined over the yrs in the interest of greater accuracy but as with EVs the EPA clearly states the nos are only estimates and to be used for comparison purposes. However I have recently been reading road test reports on EVs and in most cases they do produce the EPA range, some under but some over, but just as like ICE individual results are impacted by a number of variables.

I tend to be skeptical when it pertains to a lot of the gov conspiracy theories and there are no shortage of them these days.
I love when folks cry about EV range. It's like they don't realize that the tests for mpg and range are done in the most optimal setting possible.

They would never put you'll get 13 mpg with this ranger on the window sticker, but I'd bet you'd get that, or lower if you mashed the skinny pedal Everytime you accelerated....

I bet if that battery exploded because it overheated they would be singing a different tune, it would be darn Tesla should have been cooling my batteries better....

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
ACK! But don't rejoice too soon. We have diesel here for 2.07€ petrol for 1.95€ and Lng for 1.75€ a litre/kg.
Were your prices that high before the 'Gay War' in The Ukraine?

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ë‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Were your prices that high before the 'Gay War' in The Ukraine?
Of course not, diesel was about 1.42€ max and Lng was about 1€ or less.
Prices flipping like mad but only in on direction… upwards. Trader a..holes and a dumb government make this mess. Not that 19th century shit 1000Km east. Nice nik for that btw.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think keyboard warrior syndrome is what ultimately did in Dancing Banana Boy ?
IIRC a mod did say that it was response to complaints from other forum users, in the interest of fairness I think all complaints and the complainer's identity should be public, otherwise how would I know I'm prudently spending time here if I'm not drawing any complaints.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
IIRC a mod did say that it was response to complaints from other forum users, in the interest of fairness I think all complaints and the complainer's identity should be public, otherwise how would I know I'm prudently spending time here if I'm not drawing any complaints.
Personally, I don't give a fart if anyone complains about me or not - nothing worth stressing over. I say what I mean and mean what I say. I always choose my words carefully.

I suspect you feel the same way. I was kicked off Allpar.com not long ago after a very brief tenure. Useless mods whose feelings were hurt when challenged. Suspect it was a bunch of immature kids pretending to be adults. I've had little erased here. While questionable, I won't loose sleep over it. At 66yo, I say F**K'em.... :)

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course not, diesel was about 1.42€ max and Lng was about 1€ or less.
Prices flipping like mad but only in on direction… upwards. Trader a..holes and a dumb government make this mess. Not that 19th century shit 1000Km east. Nice nik for that btw.
surely you are not begruding the $9b in profits registerd by Shell in Q1, followed by q2 of $11.5B, tougher times expected for Q3 as profits only projected to be $10B . Evidently not everyone is suffering from the higher cost of energy in the EU. Similar record profits for US oil companies, but gas prices much lower here.

spiff

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I once stayed at a eco tourism lodge in the amazon rainforest, looks like Hyundai is upping the ante and people can stay at an " ECO EV lodge" Now that's pushing the envelop and sure to win over the EV skeptics regards practicality of EVs.

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ail&utm_term=0_7e18d5fd93-87f3009599-54846000

And to the prior post - the US has 5% of the world's pop, but at one time I saw was emitting 28% of ww carbon, that was 4 yrs back and I believe we have reduced co2 from those levels.
This is a joke right?

Before anyone buys an electric vehicle, make 100% sure to research the actual mileage you get. My wife had an upper end Tessla with the "longer-rage battery package," and the actual mileage was about 25-50% less than advertised. In the Arizona heat, with a slight headwind and/or slightly upwards grade, the mileage was a joke. The charging time in the heat was crazy and the car ran all the time to cool the batteries, draining the charge, even when the car was parked in our garage.

Meanwhile, the US only puts out a bout 15% of green gases (EPA), while China and other's do the rest. Nothing we do here matters. Harsh reality.
288659495_7579463058762660_5189555693057087103_n.jpg
Sponsored