Tony Giordano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Really like these, great choice! ... only thing I’m not a huge fan of is the go rhino chrome emblem, is that removable? Might be ordering these soon..
Sponsored

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Really like these, great choice! ... only thing I’m not a huge fan of is the go rhino chrome emblem, is that removable? Might be ordering these soon..
It’s just two rivets holding them on. You could drill them out or just paint/plastidip them black.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It’s just two rivets holding them on. You could drill them out or just paint/plastidip them black.
Yep, many of us just drilled the rivets out.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I love my DSS steps but may add a 1/2" spacer between the step and bracket to get a better step when exiting the truck. The Go Rhino tag doesn't bother me.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I love my DSS steps but may add a 1/2" spacer between the step and bracket to get a better step when exiting the truck. The Go Rhino tag doesn't bother me.
I have the same plans for mine. I actually already have the 1/2” flat bar in my garage, I just haven’t got around to it!

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Has anyone done the mod to move the steps out? I am kind of torn between the RB20 and the DSS. I need protection as the side of my truck is chipping like it was painted with watercolor paint. Looking at pics I think I like the look of the DSS more as it kind of incorporates a nerfbar off road look, but I really think the protection of the RB20 or RB10 would better serve my paint. Wish I could see the D6 or D1 installed, it might be the best of both worlds for me, but man they look wide and might be too much for a stock height truck with stock (for now, will eventually go up a size) size tires. Any input or anyone with D6 or D1 installed that can post some pics? Would like to get something ordered ASAP! Thanks!

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone done the mod to move the steps out? I am kind of torn between the RB20 and the DSS. I need protection as the side of my truck is chipping like it was painted with watercolor paint. Looking at pics I think I like the look of the DSS more as it kind of incorporates a nerfbar off road look, but I really think the protection of the RB20 or RB10 would better serve my paint. Wish I could see the D6 or D1 installed, it might be the best of both worlds for me, but man they look wide and might be too much for a stock height truck with stock (for now, will eventually go up a size) size tires. Any input or anyone with D6 or D1 installed that can post some pics? Would like to get something ordered ASAP! Thanks!
I will be modding my DSS soon, but only going to bring them out another 1/2” using some 1/2” flat bar drilled to match the original brackets.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some D6’s. Once I get them and get them installed I will post some pics. Hopefully this week some time.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Thanks. I went ahead and ordered the RB20's from Stage 3 today. I think I'll really like the D6, can't wait to see your pics. I was just a little apprehensive so I played it "safe"...

Last edited:

Keith Vlk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keithvlk.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Creative (Photo/Video/Motion Graphics)
I ordered some D6’s. Once I get them and get them installed I will post some pics. Hopefully this week some time.
Awesome! Can't wait to see pics. I love the look of the D1 and D6's but was worried about width and no one near my has them in store. Cant wait..thanks!

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Another thing I forgot to mention is the step plate on the DSS is removable but it isn't on the D6. I think it might look pretty nice colour matched to the truck to stand out a little.
Can you explain this a bit more? What does it look like if you remove the step plate - more like a slider? Any pictures by chance with the step plate removed?

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you explain this a bit more? What does it look like if you remove the step plate - more like a slider? Any pictures by chance with the step plate removed?
Yep it would look more like a slider. I’ve never had mine off so I can’t help you with the picture!

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
OK, got the D6's installed. First thing I would say is that they are definitely running boards width wise. It still has a slider look which does give the truck a more rugged appearance. I tried to get a bunch of different angles to get an idea of the width, how far it sticks out, and just how it looks. I think this is only a good option if you have wheels with an offset that stick out further than stock. I have a +20 offset and 18x9 wheels with 285/65's and they are about evenly aligned.

For me I was looking for a step for when I get a roof rack and a little more protection. As a step to get into the truck its probably pointless. I won't use it as a step into the truck and it will take some getting used to feeling it hit the back of my leg when I get out but they should serve their purpose for my needs. I will say there are 2 sets of holes to install them vertically, maybe a half inch apart from each other I'd have to measure, so they can be installed slightly lower than I installed them, very slightly.

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I like it! I'm not sure how they'd look on my stock truck, but I gotta say, I think they look great on yours. My RB20's aren't even showing shipped yet.
Sponsored