Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
HERE is how I did mine. I had to buy the connector body and pins. You do need a crimp tool thats better than a red-blu-yel crimper. I tapped into an existing line
Thanks, I read your post previously in my searches. I'd prefer to not tap into any of the factory wiring for this. Do you know which of the wires coming out of the connector is ground? Do you know how to remove the wires from the factory connector so I can make my own wiring harness with the factory connector on one end and the add-a-fuse tap on the other?
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I read your post previously in my searches. I'd prefer to not tap into any of the factory wiring for this. Do you know which of the wires coming out of the connector is ground?
Warms my heart to see you searched first! Not many do.?
The YEL-GRN is 12V and the BLK-BLU is ground
Do you know how to remove the wires from the factory connector so I can make my own wiring harness with the factory connector on one end and the add-a-fuse tap on the other?
Get a really small screwdriver or stiff wire and insert at the top or bottom of the contact from the front of the connector. there will be a tab on the contact. I doubt you will be able to reuse the contact. You can buy from the link in my post I linked to above.

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Warms my heart to see you searched first! Not many do.?
The YEL-GRN is 12V and the BLK-BLU is ground

Get a really small screwdriver or stiff wire and insert at the top or bottom of the contact from the front of the connector. there will be a tab on the contact. I doubt you will be able to reuse the contact. You can buy from the link in my post I linked to above.
Thanks again. I checked out that link for the connector and there are 2 options. 1.1-1.6mm insulation or 1.8-2mm insulation. both are 22-20 awg and I'm not sure if it makes a difference. I suppose it depends on the wire I use. I hate to sound ignorant on this but where is a good place to buy appropriate wire?

Edit: Well I think I can just order everything from the site you linked. Guess I should have looked a little harder lol.