Front Lower Grille & Adaptive Cruise Control

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
anything apart or just slides in and attaches?
There's a bigger thread about it where someone posted the instructions. The silver plastic piece below comes off. It took about 30 minutes all together.
Sponsored

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I just ordered the Putco one hopefully doest take to long to get here..... I just didn't like the logo on the other one, I don't like putting logos on my truck. Funny, every time I get on this forum I find something new that I didn't know I wanted !!! :like:

funny last time I washed it, I was looking at the front end and wondering why ford left that open and what I could put there mesh or something ....... It just looks funny empty. this is better!

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The Moutain Metal Grille insert looks good....Did you ever install it...If so please post a pic...I'am not a big fan of Putco Products.....They seem cheap! Thanks for the Post
It is still on the way, should be here this weekend. Once it's on I'll post pictures, but from everything I've seen on how the other one goes on, shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to install.

Last edited:

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It is still on the way, should be here this weekend. Once it's on I'll post pictures, but from everything I've seen on how the other one goes on, shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to install.
I just ordered one too....I believe the install is easy.....Mountain 2 metal Manufactures a Bunch of Grille inserts for All Auto company's.....we will see.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I just ordered one too....I believe the install is easy.....Mountain 2 metal Manufactures a Bunch of Grille inserts for All Auto company's.....we will see.
I Received the Mountain 2 Metal lower Grille Insert today & fifteen Minutes later Here it is! Fits Like a Glove & snapped right into Place......Remove ALL snap rivets....Then put in the center one first & the rest is history......Absolutely a Quality Item....I Highly Recommend this Product....Just E-Mailed the Company to Thank them as Well.....

0460DB67-227D-46BA-B9C0-CABCCF178ACF.jpeg

04EB6266-0E32-4BA3-BBFF-6A39D72E3888.jpeg

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Putco ACC lower grill. Just worried about pulling the facia off like the instructions say and break something. :oops:

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I ordered the Putco ACC lower grill. Just worried about pulling the facia off like the instructions say and break something. :oops:
I did it without breaking anything, so you don't have much to worry about. I usually manage to break something. The worst part was about half the clips stayed in the bumper. They're a PITA to get back on the plastic posts - to have to pry them open with a small screwdriver and push them on. If you slip and they close on your finger they bite. A little blood on the clips to help them stay seated!

I really like the look of the Mountain 2 Metal panel and the way it mounts is really clever. Hopefully they'll produce 1 with the ACC hole.

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I did it without breaking anything, so you don't have much to worry about. I usually manage to break something. The worst part was about half the clips stayed in the bumper. They're a PITA to get back on the plastic posts - to have to pry them open with a small screwdriver and push them on. If you slip and they close on your finger they bite. A little blood on the clips to help them stay seated!

I really like the look of the Mountain 2 Metal panel and the way it mounts is really clever. Hopefully they'll produce 1 with the ACC hole.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I Received the Mountain 2 Metal lower Grille Insert today & fifteen Minutes later Here it is! Fits Like a Glove & snapped right into Place......Remove ALL snap rivets....Then put in the center one first & the rest is history......Absolutely a Quality Item....I Highly Recommend this Product....Just E-Mailed the Company to Thank them as Well.....

0460DB67-227D-46BA-B9C0-CABCCF178ACF.jpeg

04EB6266-0E32-4BA3-BBFF-6A39D72E3888.jpeg
I like that one. Put it in my bookmarks list to order a bit later.

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The first Mountain2Metal lower grille for trucks with adaptive cruise control arrived today. Took 5 minutes to install, just removed the 5 plastic snap rivets with a flathead screwdriver, lined the grille up and put them back in. Fills out the opening nicely
E7B43D53-5F9B-4063-9D02-9C2F425D19BD.jpeg

08FC7035-DF58-4562-A02C-1F70C7CD0895.jpeg

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning. How did you get it? I went to their website and says that they do only have the solid one, not the ACC. Also you did not have to take the facia off, just the 5 push pins? I appreciate the info.

Last edited:

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Good morning. How did you get it? I went to their website and says that they do only have the solid one, not the ACC. Also you did not have to take the facia off, just the 5 push pins? I appreciate the info.
John; I have the one without the ACC & I'am Glad....only 5 push pins to mount it ...Awesome Item for our Rangers to cover the Open Hole!

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I don’t want to take the facia off. Just waiting for Jeb134 to find out how he got the one with the ACC cutout.
Sponsored