• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: Illinois Front Hitch

OP
OP
Heavy Duty

Heavy Duty

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brautigamexpeditionworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger
Occupation
Creater of titanium camping gear
Hello all. Sorry for not being online for a few days, I spend a lot of time in the forest without cell reception. I am currently sold out and I may make another batch of a couple dozen here in November.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone on the fence about this, I got to play around with mine yesterday and it didn't disappoint at all - it wasn't REAL winching, but enough to know this is plenty stout. We had a tree go down in an ice storm recently and I used the winch to bring it back up and then staked it for support so hopefully it doesn't go down again - I got to play around with some of my recovery gear:
20230114_155529.jpg

We had another, much larger tree (probably 30' tall, about 6" trunk) that fell as well and I was hoping I could get it upright too, but I wasn't able to get a good enough pull UP - I ended up just dragging it, so unfortunately that tree is gone now. But I did a pretty good pull on it and everything worked just as you'd expect.

It was fun being able to play around with some of the recovery gear and to really use the front hitch.

OP
OP
Heavy Duty

Heavy Duty

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger
Occupation
I'm building them now. I sent some of you guys a pm.

Had to use mine last Monday to get me out of a ditch, nothing exciting just slid sideways almost stopped at a stop sign. Hooked up to a semi truck.
20230113_095015.jpg

20230113_095025.jpg

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
I have an offset version on order with Heavy Duty, so that I don't have to move my ACC. He's been very responsive, typically answering quicker than I'm able to get back online to check his response, and get back to him. Looking forward to getting the hitch and will report back once I get it.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Do these mount to the bolts for the tow loops? I have replaced the loops with tow connectors for a tow bar, but I still have access to them, trying to work out if I can get this to work, maybe longer bolts?
Tow plate.JPG

OP
OP
Heavy Duty

Heavy Duty

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger
Occupation
Do these mount to the bolts for the tow loops? I have replaced the loops with tow connectors for a tow bar, but I still have access to them, trying to work out if I can get this to work, maybe longer bolts?
Tow plate.JPG
The way the hitch is mounted, this should have no affect on your tow bar setup.

Worst case, yes, longer bolts.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The way the hitch is mounted, this should have no affect on your tow bar setup.

Worst case, yes, longer bolts.
Thanks OP, I don't suppose you have photo's of the attachment point? Or the dimensions of the hitch? Don't want to be a pain but the tow hooks are on with locktight (Blue) so it will be a bit of work to pull, just trying to get an idea of whats needed.

OP
OP
Heavy Duty

Heavy Duty

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger
Occupation
Thanks OP, I don't suppose you have photo's of the attachment point? Or the dimensions of the hitch? Don't want to be a pain but the tow hooks are on with locktight (Blue) so it will be a bit of work to pull, just trying to get an idea of whats needed.
I looked up a few of the tow bar direct mounts, it appears that the hitch will not fit if both are used unless you are using a style that mounts differently.

I apologize for the bad information in my previous post. I should have done more research.

Material is .25" thick.
20220409_181159.jpg

Last edited:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I looked up a few of the tow bar direct mounts, it appears that the hitch will not fit if both are used unless you are using a style that mounts differently.

I apologize for the bad information in my previous post. I should have done more research.

Material is .25" thick.
20220409_181159.jpg
Thanks, I was afraid of that. Perhaps I can get some type of draw bar made with a receiver that connects to the tow connectors.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Update: One hitch left on this current batch. I wont make any more until summer 2023.
I have a Lariat so would need the off-set edition. When next available, I'll take one... and drive up to pick it up (south Minneapolis... would be a nice drive)
Sponsored