Front bumper crooked.

Refiner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 tremor
Has any one else noticed their front bumper being crooked? Its lower on the drivers side. Is this a easy fix or should one let the dealer deal with it?
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i have not noticed that on mine. but, if it was me id call the dealer and expect them to fix it. that sort of thing should be made right. post a picture if you can, that way we can all see and be on the look out for ours.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Is the bumper crooked? Or is it the classic Ranger lean?

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Has any one else noticed their front bumper being crooked? Its lower on the drivers side. Is this a easy fix or should one let the dealer deal with it?
Mine had a bigger gap on the passenger side. Took it to dealer to adjust under warranty . They said about 4-5 hour job. They made it better but not exactly the same gap on both sides. They said Ford will allow plus or minus 3mm before adjusting.

OP
OP
Refiner

Refiner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 tremor
Mine had a bigger gap on the passenger side. Took it to dealer to adjust under warranty . They said about 4-5 hour job. They made it better but not exactly the same gap on both sides. They said Ford will allow plus or minus 3mm before adjusting.
Much bigger job than I thought. Off to the dealer it goes.

pisdauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Pilot
4-5 hrs?? I took the entire bumper off when adding my grille guard. Took maybe 20 minutes.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
4-5 hrs?? I took the entire bumper off when adding my grille guard. Took maybe 20 minutes.
It’s on their dime. Don’t matter if it takes 10 minutes or 10 hours. That’s just the time they said they needed the truck for.

pisdauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Pilot
It’s on their dime. Don’t matter if it takes 10 minutes or 10 hours. That’s just the time they said they needed the truck for.
I guess, but if it was between not having my truck for an entire day, and realigning it myself in 30 minutes I would choose the latter. There are plenty of detailed instructions online.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I guess, but if it was between not having my truck for an entire day, and realigning it myself in 30 minutes I would choose the latter. There are plenty of detailed instructions online.
It had to be there several other issues. I’m retired and have an extra vehicle so no harm for me. Spent good money on this Tremor and shouldn’t have to waste my time to make it right. It’s actually back there today and maybe tomorrow to fix drivers seat cover( from defective heating element) and to get dealer installed trailer brake controller to work properly. Their courtesy driver and I have become good buddies ?

pisdauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Pilot
It had to be there several other issues. I’m retired and have an extra vehicle so no harm for me. Spent good money on this Tremor and shouldn’t have to waste my time to make it right. It’s actually back there today and maybe tomorrow to fix drivers seat cover( from defective heating element) and to get dealer installed trailer brake controller to work properly. Their courtesy driver and I have become good buddies ?
What a PITA. I agree, these trucks aren't cheap. Luckily, my 2021 Tremor has been trouble free for the 14k I've put on it so far. Knock on wood.

TremorPNW

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger lariat tremor
After 12 months bumper is still a little crooked. It bothered me for a few minutes after the first time I read about it in the forum. Now not so much.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is well more than 3mm off on the driver's side. I plan to fix this myself at some point. No way this is a 4-5 hour job. From what little research I did (see the below posts) the process is to remove the brush guard, then the lower trim, then loosen the 6x bolts holding the bumper. Position the bumper correctly. Then tighten down the 6x bolts and reinstall the other stuff.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/adjusting-uneven-gap-in-front-fascia.6540/
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ford-ranger-bumper-removal.3489/

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT Sport
Yes indeed. Didn’t notice until later on. It’s driving me nuts. Didn’t bother telling service center feeling it be a waste of time.
Sponsored