2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I have thought about doing this as well , i haul stuff for work and my truck sits fairly level with the added weight. going to wait until I get a few more miles on my stock fronts first or until they go bad.

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
the Ford/Fox kit is set to a 2" lift. Even though they both say Fox they are not the same kit. I went with the Ford kit and love the way it rides, much better then the FX4. Do a search somewhere there is a post that talks about the difference

OP
OP

Thatguy022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
the Ford/Fox kit is set to a 2" lift. Even though they both say Fox they are not the same kit. I went with the Ford kit and love the way it rides, much better then the FX4. Do a search somewhere there is a post that talks about the difference
Thanks I didn't know there was a difference. Yeah I saw that it comes set at 2" but it says you can adjust to 0". I am just wondering if there is any downsides to that.

ajohnson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Thanks I didn't know there was a difference. Yeah I saw that it comes set at 2" but it says you can adjust to 0". I am just wondering if there is any downsides to that.
If you go with the Ford/Fox kit, which is set at 2", they designed/tested this setup for optimal ride & performance on and off road. Therefore, deviating from that would probably worsen your ride quality and performance. In addition it would void FP's warranty. Probably would not see improvements in your front approach angle and breaker angle.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I understand you're probably wanting to improve the ride quality like most Ranger owners including myself. My question is if you're still looking to tell why are you looking at the fox kit?

If you are okay with doing a lift kit that still has a fair Rick to it because of Towing then you might want to consider the old man emu lift kit by ARB. I myself have installed that kit on my truck and it brings up run up by 2.4 in and the rear by 1.6 in. It still has a pretty good rake to it and I have towed with it. There is already another thread started by me in the towing section that gives a lot of details about it.

Hope this helps

OP
OP

Thatguy022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I understand you're probably wanting to improve the ride quality like most Ranger owners including myself. My question is if you're still looking to tell why are you looking at the fox kit?

If you are okay with doing a lift kit that still has a fair Rick to it because of Towing then you might want to consider the old man emu lift kit by ARB. I myself have installed that kit on my truck and it brings up run up by 2.4 in and the rear by 1.6 in. It still has a pretty good rake to it and I have towed with it. There is already another thread started by me in the towing section that gives a lot of details about it.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the tip, I was looking at the FOX kit due to multiple people's reviews saying it improved the ride greatly. I feel like I'm riding on jello now. So basically my goal is improve the ride without lifting the truck at all if possible.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Thanks for the tip, I was looking at the FOX kit due to multiple people's reviews saying it improved the ride greatly. I feel like I'm riding on jello now. So basically my goal is improve the ride without lifting the truck at all if possible.
Bilstien and eibach both make shocks/struts that won’t effect ride height, but will improve ride quality.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bilstien and eibach both make shocks/struts that won’t effect ride height, but will improve ride quality.
I will agree with you on this. Bilstein or eibach would really be the way to go on this project. Because I have experience with them already I would personally go with Bilstein.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
One can also throw an airbag on the rear axle for towing/hauling.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One can also throw an airbag on the rear axle for towing/hauling.
After learning of the oh so wonderful quality of shocks these trucks have I would rather replace shocks first. After that I would consider air bags but with good quality shocks it shouldnt be necessary.

Reactions: EJH

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
If you go with the Ford/Fox kit, which is set at 2", they designed/tested this setup for optimal ride & performance on and off road. Therefore, deviating from that would probably worsen your ride quality and performance. In addition it would void FP's warranty. Probably would not see improvements in your front approach angle and breaker angle.
I call BS on that
I bought the Ford kit thinking this and shortly after installation noticed that neither of them were adjusted 2” up from stock and the truck wasn’t even level to within 1” left to right.
I spent more time adjusting the threaded collar then it took me to install everything!

With that being said, the valving of the shocks and springs do differ from the Ford Performance kit to the Fox kit.
Do your research and decide which is more appropriate for your needs.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Strength Coach
After learning of the oh so wonderful quality of shocks these trucks have I would rather replace shocks first. After that I would consider air bags but with good quality shocks it shouldnt be necessary.
I meant as a solution to lifting/leveling the truck and towing/hauling.
Sponsored